Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just a rant.

Options
  • 28-09-2010 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

I am stuck in limbo with my merit score and like the majority of you I do not have a clue how I have done.

I have been applying for others jobs aswell. Just today I recieved confirmation that I got offered a new job. Graduate scheme for a Govt type job. I finished in the top few of 1500 applicants.

I simply do not feel happy or care as much about it. Though I know if I ever got the PSNI 'call' I would be over the moon. It was a nice letter but I am not excited. Kinda bittersweet I guess. I got my second choice job.

Plan is to work as hard as I can in this new job and work as best I can. Though if the other one ever comes up I will leave and take the PSNI job. Kinda a shame as other people probaly wanted this job more than me and never got it. probaly would have worked harder etc and had a genuine interest.

Just a rant had nowhere else to type this lol Mods can move or delete or do what they see fit.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

1986j wrote: »
    I am stuck in limbo with my merit score and like the majority of you I do not have a clue how I have done.

I have been applying for others jobs aswell. Just today I recieved confirmation that I got offered a new job. Graduate scheme for a Govt type job. I finished in the top few of 1500 applicants.

I simply do not feel happy or care as much about it. Though I know if I ever got the PSNI 'call' I would be over the moon. It was a nice letter but I am not excited. Kinda bittersweet I guess. I got my second choice job.

Plan is to work as hard as I can in this new job and work as best I can. Though if the other one ever comes up I will leave and take the PSNI job. Kinda a shame as other people probaly wanted this job more than me and never got it. probaly would have worked harder etc and had a genuine interest.

Just a rant had nowhere else to type this lol Mods can move or delete or do what they see fit.

I find this one of the hardest things about the process. Trying to concentrate on your current job/studies etc when your heart is elsewhere.

My advice to you is to go with the new job - a jobs a job, particularly in todays climate. The best thing about it is, it will take your mind of the PSNI application for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Gee-22 wrote: »
    I find this one of the hardest things about the process. Trying to concentrate on your current job/studies etc when your heart is elsewhere.

My advice to you is to go with the new job - a jobs a job, particularly in todays climate. The best thing about it is, it will take your mind of the PSNI application for a while.

+ 1 . This process can become a bit consuming at times - lots of people find that. But a secure Govt job is worth it's weight in gold right now so it would be foolish to chuck it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Mal85

i used to feel the same way about this as you do, but i have learned that keeping my mind on other things, like my current job which i have grown to like and other things in my life, i now don't care as much, not in the bad way though, stops me going round the bend, i still like to come on these forums have see whats going on, better source of information.

In the end i hope you get the call mate

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭1986j

Thanks.

I am glad to see I am not alone in my frustration. I accepted the job offer naturally. I simply just hope so much that I do one day get the call for this job.

Advertisement