Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photo Forum Ban

Options
  • 28-09-2010 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

It is almost a year since my Photographic Forum ban and I would like to be allowed back in if possible, I have spoken to one of the mods and he has referred me here.

I admit I was a "Dick" most of the time in the forum but the times I wasn’t I did contribute to the forum in a positive manner, I organized Photo Comps around International soccer fixture which created some interest and Helped a few posters out with Gear Loans, and even bought and delivered an Item to Galway for one user (I must point out that I was going to Galway anyway).

I understand that any re-instatement of my ban would be on a temp basis and under strict review and I accept this.

I hope you look on my request favorably!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

You were banned permanently from photography originally on the 2009-11-04, it was then lifted for about an hour on the 2010-04-08 and also previously banned from the arts category for a month for continuously arguing with photo mods and other arts cmod in relation to the photography ban if I recall correctly.

AnCatDubh banned you from the photography forum on both counts, I will leave it up to himself as he is more familiar with you and your case than I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Will wrote: »
    You were banned permanently from photography originally on the 2009-11-04, it was then lifted for about an hour on the 2010-04-08 and also previously banned from the arts category for a month for continuously arguing with photo mods and other arts cmod in relation to the photography ban if I recall correctly.

AnCatDubh banned you from the photography forum on both counts, I will leave it up to himself as he is more familiar with you and your case than I am.

The ban was lifted so I could pay my respects to a regular poster who passed away!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

I have reviewed the reasons for your specific ban(s), and a significant amount of the history of your interaction with the moderation of the photography forum, myself as a category moderator, Will as category moderator, site admins including LoLth as both site admin and as a former Arts Category moderator. As with almost every other contact with you, I have given this matter significant consideration this evening.

In what you say and in what i've revised this evening, I find no shred of a reason to reverse the ban in question. I'm sorry but I don't believe your bona fides on the matter. You have never given me or any of the forum moderators any reason to. I believe you now finally understand one thing - that you have no way back into the photography forum as you are perma-banned and given my experience with you as a poster on the photography forum I believe that your conclusions of you being a "dick most of the time" is derived from this realisation and not some newly founded sense of repentance for all ills of the past.

Given what I've reminded myself of this evening, and in particular the actual reason you were perma-banned and the protracted lead up to that ban, it would be a great remiss of the duty of care entrusted to the moderation of boards.ie to allow you back onto the forum even on the basis of a one strike and you're out.

The current photography forum events signalling the "changing of the guard" with a changeover of two forum moderators in no way diminishes the significance of your former on forum behaviour - your consistent trolling, badgering, harassment, and attempted bullying, of the moderation team who despite efforts beyond what has ever been taken with any photography forum user to recover the situation; your actions and interactions were of sheer unfounded contempt.

I recognise the events of which you speak of and in the interactions which i refer to above I have noted the assertion of the moderators that you had potential as a beneficial member of the community but understand this - you are not the only person to ever organise something good on the photography forum. You aren't the only user who's assisted another forum member out. You are not the only forum member to provide gear loans to others. In fact, yes - incredibly good things happen on the photography forum (like many other fora on boards) but it is worthwhile noting, that they continue to happen without your individual and specific presence.

In this matter, I simply ask myself one question which is whether the photography forum would be in any way better off having you return as a poster. It is my considered opinion that on balance there is no significant benefit to having you return to the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

I feel like Ellis Boyd 'Red' Redding, see you next year, and thanks for your time!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

May we mark this as "resolved" then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

I think so.

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement