Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you want to save the HSE a boat load of $$$....

Options
  • 28-09-2010 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭

AND IMPROVE HEALTH SERVICES FOR PEOPLE WITH DIABETES?

Hello,

In a research survey conducted in 2009 it was discovered that health services for people with diabetes ranged from excellent to extremely poor, depending on where in Ireland you live.

A new website, www.diabetesaction.ie was created to launch a campaign, which is attempting to ensure excellent health services for ALL people with diabetes.

Since it was launched on Sept 11th, over 250 people have logged on to the site and "taken action". This is not an impressive number considering that it's estimated that 200,000 people in Ireland have diabetes.

I'm asking peope to take 30 seconds, log on to www.diabetesaction.ie and "take action now" on behalf of anyone you know who has diabetes.

If you're one of the lucky ones and don't know anyone with diabetes, you can do it for me. My name is Grainne and I have type 1 Diabetes.

Many thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 TEuten

I logged into the site and sent a mail to my local TDs - there e-mail was already set up with the local figures for amputations and foot ulcers ready to be sent to the TDs - I've sent mine to Maire Hoctor, Michael Lowry, Noel Coonan and John Hanafin - I'll let you know if I hear anything back. if anyone has used this site maybe you should post up who you have contacted too.

Advertisement