Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

21st Birthday Party

Options
  • 28-09-2010 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

Anybody know any good place to have a 21st?
    Trying to avoid town:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭sioda

Ardhu Bar is a good party spot nice bar and good outside area and is outside town but does usually have a few taxis on a saturday night if needs be :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

+1 for the Ardhu. I don't think I've ever had a bad night in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

It depends on what side of town you want it on too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ardhu is great but the one thing i will say for a 21st is that half your party will spend the night out in the smoking area and it will be hard to keep everyone together in the one spot Great pub though.

St.Marys RFC is good too. Its not too big and not too small. Everyone is kept together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

Ardhu, Scotts Bar, St. Marys Rugby Club, Russels Bar, Thomond Park, Goosers. What side of town ya living in, you might have a preference for somewhere closer to home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

Thanks guys im out by thomond park, never taught of st marys club must give a try there!!:)

Like ardhu but not sure yet!! Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭dave 27

id go with the ardhu also! iv actually been in the place during birthdays and it looked like they did food and had cool 80s music (obviously by choice but still:D), really cool place!

Jofspring wrote: »
    Ardhu is great but the one thing i will say for a 21st is that half your party will spend the night out in the smoking area and it will be hard to keep everyone together in the one spot Great pub though.

Thats the onli thing about ardhu but i suppose be like that anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I presume we're all invited?! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Thats the onli thing about ardhu but i suppose be like that anywhere.

You'll get it in most places alright but maybe the Ardhu worse than anywhere else as it is probably the best smoking area in Limerick and most people spend the whole night out there, other places people would be more likely to have a fag and go back inside, especially if its cold.

In saying that though if the smoking area thing wouldn't bother you and its a pub with a good atmosphere, good food and music that you want then the Ardhu is perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

zuroph wrote: »
    I presume we're all invited?! :pac:

I don't want no Chicken Nuggets - Chicken Goujons are the posher and more adult version.

- Also, please take note, I have a pathological fear of Balloons - They usually send me into a schizophrenic, manic and ultra aggressive rage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

Just heard on the radio this morning unicorn in dooradoyle are giving free dj,finger food,bar exten til 2am for 25 ppl or over might be worth looking into.Afaik the hiway (accross the road from unicorn)do a similar deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

If you are out by Thomond Park, why not have it there or in the Shannon Club house?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭OnlyGotOneSong

The Locke Bar is also a good place..........they do a good few parties there and you'll be well looked after in there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

The Locke Bar is also a good place..........they do a good few parties there and you'll be well looked after in there

OnlyGotOneSong will be your DJ

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

cruiser178 wrote: »
    Just heard on the radio this morning unicorn in dooradoyle are giving free dj,finger food,bar exten til 2am for 25 ppl or over might be worth looking into.Afaik the hiway (accross the road from unicorn)do a similar deal.

No feckin way am I eatin fingers. Sick freaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

does anyone know of any place to hold a 21st that is different or unusual. I would like to make a change have it somewhere unusual you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Craigels wrote: »
    does anyone know of any place to hold a 21st that is different or unusual. I would like to make a change have it somewhere unusual you know.

Have it in the Shannon Rowing Club Clubhouse on Sarsfield Bridge, I've been to a few 21st's / 50th's and they have all been brilliant in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

thanks for the suggestion, has anyone been to a function in thomond park ? whatsthe room like and was the food nice thanks for your replies in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Book a penthouse suite in a nice hotel :)

• Advertisement

Craigels wrote: »
    thanks for the suggestion, has anyone been to a function in thomond park ? whatsthe room like and was the food nice thanks for your replies in advance

Was at a 21st during the summer was brill, only thing was the room was massive so you would need loads to fill it, but from what ive heard there are a number of other function rooms up there to hire aswell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

I had my 21st in the function room in thomond park Craigels, the room is fairly big tho but theres other rooms ya can hire aswell. they can turn the lights on the pitch on for a while and have a birthday message on the scoreboard, for a price tho :rolleyes: The food is nice aswell, cant think of the name of the caters that do it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Book a penthouse suite in a nice hotel :)

Having worked in hotels in limerick, as an all night party idea its a no go. Room would be booked in for 2 people usually, party till closing time in the bar, after that liable to be kicked out if anyway loud.
    I saw the sign for new function room at the boat cloak on sarsfield bridge, says to come in and have a look. Worth checking out i would say.

Advertisement