Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sigh.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

What was the result of the discussion you had with the Mod via PM?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

No reply since the 26th. I know it should probably be two full days, however this could drag out longer than my ban and I all I would like is for a CMod or Admin to look at it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I have dropped the Mod a PM linking him to this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

The reason I acted differently in the case of the post before is it was someone who's name I recognised from around the place making a joke.

The reason I banned you was that you had never in almost 2 years of using boards posted on the UCD forum and came in to, as I perceived, start an argument.

Raphael wrote: »
    ...start an argument.
    After two years of using Boards? I'd have done so long ago if that were the case, which I can assure you it wasn't.

• Advertisement

Being around for a while is no indication of not being a troll. All I had to go one was a possibly snide and definitely provocative post as being your only one ever in the forum.

Raphael wrote: »
    All I had to go one was a possibly snide and definitely provocative post as being your only one ever in the forum.
    Definitely not provocative! You're making these assumptions out of of thin air. You might call it experience. I call it over-moderating. A seven day ban for a jibe. The oldest jibe in the book. Can we lighten up?

You're right, that's exactly what I'd call it.

So I can be unbanned now?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

The ban can stay, simply because any UCD/TCD stuff tends to escalate out of control.

• Advertisement

Did you even read the thread? There was nothin in it. How come the other guy doesn get a ban? Just because the mod knows what he's like? Or is he a UCD student?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I read it in its entirety. Had I been the mod I would have made the same decision.

Why?

Pointless ban was pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Marking this resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement