Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

market refunds - device or account?

Options
  • 27-09-2010 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

with the market i can refund within 24 hours. i can only do this once and if i buy it again then the sale is final.

does anyone know if this setting is per google account or per device? experience here seems to suggest device but i'm not sure.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Ample Free ...?

Well I'd imagine it's a Google policy. It allows you to actually test an app and if you're unhappy you can just get a refund. Then the second and final sale is necessary to prevent people simply downloading a paid app whenever they need it and just getting a refund each time they're finished with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

doesn't really clarify everything though. i used my mates gmail account to buy something on my phone. i then uninstalled it on my phone. should it not be downloadable on his phone if he's logged in using this gmail account?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Random wrote: »
    doesn't really clarify everything though. i used my mates gmail account to buy something on my phone. i then uninstalled it on my phone. should it not be downloadable on his phone if he's logged in using this gmail account?

I would say so, yeah.

Advertisement