Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easycap Question

Options
  • 27-09-2010 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭

Hi guys. im looking to buy an eascap (primarily to transfer old VHS tapes to my laptop) but heard there is problems with fakes and some not been able to capture PAL 60 in colour or something. So i was wondering does anyone know where i can buy one that isnt a fake and will record gameplay from Ps3/360? cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭IrishWelshCelt

iMuse wrote: »
    Hi guys. im looking to buy an eascap (primarily to transfer old VHS tapes to my laptop) but heard there is problems with fakes and some not been able to capture PAL 60 in colour or something. So i was wondering does anyone know where i can buy one that isnt a fake and will record gameplay from Ps3/360? cheers :)
    i recently wasted 20 quid on a fake one! i have the proper version now which is around 30. the main difference is the real one is ezcap not easycap. also they look completely different!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Any chance of a link to where you bought yours? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Yeah, make sure its a trusted seller your buying off

I was lucky and got a really good one for less than a tenner

Tallon wrote: »
    Yeah, make sure its a trusted seller your buying off

I was lucky and got a really good one for less than a tenner

did you have a easycap or ezcap?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

did you have a easycap or ezcap?

Both, but my earlier videos were all using the Easycap

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭JonB

i recently wasted 20 quid on a fake one! i have the proper version now which is around 30. the main difference is the real one is ezcap not easycap. also they look completely different!
    You can get it to play in Pal60. In pal60 it displays in Black and white. But if you get a program like amcap and select the device as the easycap and then go to video capture filter -> video standard select something like secam B it will display in colour. So if you still have the fake one try that and maybe you can get some sort of use from it.

JonB wrote: »
    You can get it to play in Pal60. In pal60 it displays in Black and white. But if you get a program like amcap and select the device as the easycap and then go to video capture filter -> video standard select something like secam B it will display in colour. So if you still have the fake one try that and maybe you can get some sort of use from it.
    i got an ezcap now and besides easycap dosent have windows 7 drivers

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

I bought this one http://www.cooldrives.com/index.php/eausdvviavus.html was cheap so wasnt expecting much from it but cant say i was satisfied, haven't got it working properly, the quality is bad and i cant get any sound, want to make some vids from my ps3 and put em on youtube nad stuff, so far it hasnt went well

Advertisement