Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delamont Park, Northern Ireland

Options
  • 27-09-2010 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

Evening all

Was looking at going to Delamont Park for the weekend. This is a Caravan and Camping Club site.

Anybody stayed there? Any comments?

I'll be sure to wave at all I meet this weekend :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭650Ginge

Yup stayed there once, a few years ago. Very clean, cleaner than my house but I seem to remember it being expensive because we are not club members. It is not really near anywhere so stock up before you get there, I did notice a pub in walking distance. Kilileagh is the nearest town/village.

I would say the park is nice to visit but we didn't for some reason...Castle Ward is worth a visit, there is a basic site there too but it is very basic and access it very restricted but two narrow stone pillars. But access to the house and gardens is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

As I asked the question it would only be fair to post an answer.......

Delamont Park was a great site. Absolutely spotless and I mean SPOTLESS. Mostly caravans on site with good mix of people but a good few campervans also. Loved it when we were shown to our pitch (which we could choose ourselves) by the caretaker on his bike. Cost for one night was £20.50, of which £7 was because we are not Caravan and Camping Club members. Dogs are allowed and there were plenty there, all on leads. Did not cause anybody a bother.

Direct access to the main park through a little wooden gate. The park is great. Huge playground for kids, a miniature train that runs around the park (£10 for 2 adults and 3 children), toilets, coffee and sweets shops / sheds. Really nice, clean, spacious park.

There was a big Asda only a 10 minute drive away in Downpatrick and we got all we wanted here. McDonalds beside Asda if you are that way inclined. We bought a DVD so when kids went to bed we had a bottle of wine and watched the DVD while the rain belted down outside. Pitch was hardstanding so no worries. Love being in the van when it is raining outside :cool:

Killyleagh is only a 3 or 4 minute drive the other direction. Nice village. Plenty of shops n stuff but things that stuck out were the castle at the far end of the village and the local brewery. :D

The only 'complaint' I would make about the site, if I could call it so, was that there was no kettle in the kitchen :eek: No big deal really, just boiled up in the camper.

Will definitely go back and would certainly recommend if you have or do not have kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭bido

do you usually use the kitchens on site I thought they were only for people with tents as they have no other way of cooking or boiling a kettle?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Only use the kitchens for doing the washing up and for boiling the kettle to fill the flask. We usually make our tea from the flask and rarely boil the kettle in the camper.

Why use the gas when we are paying for the facility?

When we are away during colder weather we also have a little plug in blow heater (Argos €15) which we use when we are hooked up. Again, if you are paying for the hook up why use your own gas?

ps I only became this miserable when I started with the camper. The 'elder ones' passed these tips on to me when staying on various sites ;)

Advertisement