Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfair (imo) Permanent ban from Animal & pet issues

Options
  • 27-09-2010 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    I got a perma ban from the animal & pet forums 13 days ago. I PM'ed haddock man over 11 days ago explaining the situation but have had no reply on the matter so have brought it to here. I accept I deserved an infraction but a perma ban when I've never had any infraction on boards in all the time I've been here is ridiculous. If you read the thread I only started giving the OP "abuse" as it was labeled after HE started trying to arrange fights with wetdogsmell who's a IRL friend of mine. I see pokertalk is still allowed on the forum but I'm not? I find this very unfair! Is it possible for someone to please look into it as I do use the forum regularly for info. Fair enough I can do that as a lurker but the odd time I need to post/create a topic when I cant find the info needed I'd like to be able to that!

The thread in question is:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056024051&highlight=beating

Cheers,
    Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Hi Dave, I'll take a look into this and get back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

g'em wrote: »
    Hi Dave, I'll take a look into this and get back to you.

Cool, thanks Gem. As I said, I was acting the eejit on the thread & I accept that. I just think a permanent ban is very harsh. It's page 9 on to save you reading the rest of the waffle!

I've looked over the thread and spoken with the Mod who banned you. We've agreed that a perma-ban is a little harsh but to be honest I can completely understand where he was coming from - you were back-seat modding, trolling, bringing the thread wildly off-topic and in some posts verging on inciting violence! Acting the eejit is putting it mildly.

While I realise that you were supporting your friend on-thread please, in future, report the posts and let a Moderator deal with it. Your ban is going to be reduced to one month - I'd strongly advise that you minimise your interaction with either polkertalk or wetdogsmell in future and consider this your last warning - the next ban will be permanent.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Can we mark this as resolved, folks?

done on my side anyhoo :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Yep, thanks guys.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement