Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Music L.C. Book. ?

Options
  • 27-09-2010 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

im trying to buy a second hand L.C. music book because my own teacher doesnt use the book and i want to do my own study. .

hoping for an A :P
    which book is best . ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭clunked

There is no proper text book. Soundscapes by Arthur Sealy is extremely thorough (Waltons) providing a lot more information than is required. If you want an A, practise as much as you can for your practical, listen to the set works inside out and perhaps us the Folens workbook to test and broaden your knowledge if it is not used in class. The revise wise book is useful which I would recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭lctake2

That's not true, there is a proper text book,can't remember the name of it but It's by Higgins and Higgins. It has 2 workbooks with it and cds of all the setworks broken up into the different sections. I think you have to contact the writer directly but I know her. I'll PM you the number if you want but there won't be any second hand ones

• Registered Users Posts: 48 chicken_little

clunked wrote: »
    . The revise wise book is useful which I would recommend.

thanks :) that should do.. which one would you recommend. ? Revise wise, More stress Less Success :P or Rapid Revision. ?
    thanks in advance

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭soup1

im trying to buy a second hand L.C. music book because my own teacher doesnt use the book and i want to do my own study. .

hoping for an A :P
    which book is best . ?
    "Notes" !!! best book for leaving cert music! has everything but is expensive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭lctake2

Notes, yes that's the one i meant, theres a thank you to me in the inside :p I think you can get the book by itself without all the workbooks and stuff and it would be cheaper, better off getting the whole lot though

• Advertisement
Advertisement