Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HORSE TRANSPORT SHARE FROM KILDARE TO DONEGAL?? THIS WEEK/WEEKEND

Options
  • 27-09-2010 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi all, I am looking to transport my horse to donegal from the kilcock co kildare area. The horse wont be returning but I will. If someone has a jeep and trailer I would be willing to travel with them to help if needed and help with the petrol costs. Horse transportation is so expensive around €240 just for my horse.
    Please pm me thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

E240 is pretty reasonable.

If you look at it in terms of Feul (50/60 minimum)
    Then it's at least 8 hours there and back. ( E120 - 15quid an hour for 8 hours and i think this is cheap for a driver)
    That's only leaving 50/60 profit. Hardly a massive amount.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Lordgoat makes a good point. Although the cost of the transport may initially appear expensive, you need to factor in the cost of your time, as well as the fact that you'll be wrecked for at least the next day. You'll also lose out on a day's work, whether in paid employment or around the yard at home.

Then you also have to add in the wear and tear on your jeep/horsebox, so what initiallt may seem a good saving probably works out at the same price as hiring a transporter.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Gotta provide insurance depending on the value of the Horse being transported too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 camaira

Yeh I understand that it may be reasonable but I was trying to see if anyone was going up north anyway and was willing to cut there own costs on petrol. Plus I would be willing to give them a hand also.

Advertisement