Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone static IP and reverse DNS

Options
  • 27-09-2010 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭

I'm hoping to get an answer from a Vodafone rep here, I have a static IP address on my Vodafone account, and so that my mail server is accepted by others which implement sender address verification, I want the reverse address to match my mail servers host name.

Having spoken to a customer services representative he told me that Vodafone's policy is not to change it, blah blah blah.

It is pretty standard to change ptr records e.g. I know Eircom do it for a fact.

Can someone either confirm and explain Vodafone's position or tell me which special handshake I have to make and with whom to get Jim to fix it for me?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement