Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAGNET: power levels problem

Options
  • 27-09-2010 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭

About two or three weeks ago my magnet speed went up from usual 5Mbit to 8Mbit. Needless to say I was happy for a while and decided not to think about UPC upgrade, as they've been busy calling me. However on Thursday or Friday it went down back to previous 4Mbit.

When comparing power levels from previous days I've noticed:

output power: 12 Db
    SnR Margin: 6.2

output power: 0.6
    SnR Margin: 2.4

The question: is it to correct to assume that Magnet has lowered down the power level on my line and that resulted in service going down from 8Mb to 4Mb?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

B0rG wrote: »
    About two or three weeks ago my magnet speed went up from usual 5Mbit to 8Mbit. Needless to say I was happy for a while and decided not to think about UPC upgrade, as they've been busy calling me. However on Thursday or Friday it went down back to previous 4Mbit.

When comparing power levels from previous days I've noticed:

output power: 12 Db
    SnR Margin: 6.2

output power: 0.6
    SnR Margin: 2.4

The question: is it to correct to assume that Magnet has lowered down the power level on my line and that resulted in service going down from 8Mb to 4Mb?

We dont actually power the line, the power source is the power from the customers home.

Would you like me to look into the line?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭B0rG

We dont actually power the line, the power source is the power from the customers home.

Would you like me to look into the line?

Yes, Rory, please do. The system ticket no is 224780.

Advertisement