Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swopping old Sky+ box for a newer model?

Options
  • 27-09-2010 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭

I upgraded to Sky+ over two years ago and I have been very happy with it to date. The only downside is that I find that the box fills up very quickly with recorded programmes and I often end up deleting unwatched programmes to make way for other programmes that I need to record.

Recently my parents have upgraded to Sky+ and the box they have received has the capacity to store more programmes. They have offered to swop their box for mine as my box fills up very quickly with children's cartoons etc.

Is it a case of a straight swop or are there different or additional cables used for the new model. (i.e the new sky+ is HD ready). I hope this isn't a stupid question. I just wanted to check with someone before I start. Thanks Guys! :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

Tis a straight forward swap, save for the fact that u will both have to call sky and tell them to pair Your cards with your NEW respective boxes. ;)

Advertisement