Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post/ Mail delayed or Missing

Options
  • 27-09-2010 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭

Anyone else experiencing problems the last 2 months or so? At least 3 letters I was expecting in the last 2 weeks haven't arrived.

My brother in law was telling me 2 letters he was sent [with cash in them for his daughter] never arrived at his place either.

I live in Roslevan side of town whereas he's Limerick road so its not the local postman I'd say.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

golfball37 wrote: »
    Anyone else experiencing problems the last 2 months or so? At least 3 letters I was expecting in the last 2 weeks haven't arrived.

My brother in law was telling me 2 letters he was sent [with cash in them for his daughter] never arrived at his place either.

I live in Roslevan side of town whereas he's Limerick road so its not the local postman I'd say.

Never send cash in the post. I had the same problem when living in Kildare a few years ago.

I reported it and they said they would look into it and thanks to a few others reporting it about six months later they did find one local employee had been robbing things, but I never got my dosh back sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

If your sending money in the post, you should really register it or just send a money order

• Registered Users Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭golfball37

Its not just cash in the post, I'm not getting any bills even.

My sister in law lives in Begium, she has posted over 3 letters in the last 6 weeks which haven't arrived either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,421 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I sold a Nintendo game on ebay recently, posted it to the purchaser in Carlow but he still hasn't received it after 2 weeks. The service is gone very bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

Im waiting on a letter from UK which was sent by reg. post 2 weeks ago.
    Something not right

• Advertisement

This happened me too recently..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

2 letters missing/not delivered in the last couple of weeks from 2 official bodies..

can everyone who is missing mail,contact the sorting office and bring it to the post offices attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭banner gal

i saw someting in either champion or people where post mens bags were being stolen can remember which area of town but it did say think it was last weeks paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Katy_B

Hi I sent documents to Abu Dhabi by courier through "an post" as I thought this would be safe instead of regular mail and to make sure that they definitely get there.

They were supposed to get there in 3 days and are for an employment visa and were never received. If I didn't check up on it I still wouldn't know.

An post said that they are making an enquiry into this but I have no idea what to do in the mean time. it cost me nearly 200 euro to get the documents certified before sending them and I'm really mad that this could have even happened. I wish I just sent it through the normal mail and maybe I wouldn't have this problem.

Has this happened to anyone else before? If the package is not found I am going to have to get everything copied and certified again which involves sending them to England and waiting another 2 weeks. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Zombie thread and I don't know what it has to do with Clare, maybe worth trying in the Travel forum for some advice on what to do about lost certs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement