Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i joined in 2004 to quit.lol...ive now quit. heres how

Options
  • 27-09-2010 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

;) ive finally succeeded .after trying for years, all methods ive finally done it all thanks to a few words from my 15 y/o son. ive posted here over the years every time i stopped, but i always started again, so id stop and start , story of my life..until a few weeks ago my son said to me , hey mam if you could stop letting dad rule your life , it must be easy to not let your smokes do it.......;)
    quick story ; was married 20 years to a control freak, i wanted to leave but couldnt, same with cigs . wanted to but couldnt..seen the way it was affecting my life, but still could not get out.. then after 20 years i decided enough was enough, so i took my kids and left, end of.. NO WAY i wanted to go back, its all i knew, he was bad for me, but all i had, he was destroying me but it was better than the empty feeling of being on my own, i has thoughts of I WILL MAKE CHANGES :rolleyes: yea like the cigs ..i will cut back, i will, hee hee, It would have been easier to give in, no court cases, no maintenance fights, no access rows.. same with my smokes. just smoke its easier...:confused: but its not, my lesson to myself was if you really want something, you have to really want it, no matter what you have to go through, you have to want the end result so bad that you are prepared to put up with the misery, the doubt, the headaches and you have to learn new ways... so for me i quit.. i cried, i wanted just one, i slept for a whole week on and aff, i kinda mourned.... BUT I GOT THERE IN THE END .....but thats just me.....wish you all the best. and its true , we can do whatever we put our hearts to..xxx dolly:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Well done! Great story :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Good Job Dolly ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

Dolly, Im only delighted for ya.:D:D
    I just read your post again and you hit the nail on the head. I couldn't explain it when I was givin up but just the way you put it, it all made sence and readin other peoples posts who have quit they have said the exact same but just in a different way.
    Fair play to you again Dolly.
    Roy

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭shefra

Fair dues to you Dolly. It makes so much sense. My quit date is november 1st so I will definitely keep what you said in my head and make it my 'mantra' every time I am tempted. Thanks for that, will keep posting on my progression.

Advertisement