Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Match Thread*** Tues 28/9 20:15 Wes2 -vs- Standard Life

Options
  • 27-09-2010 8:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

In or out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

I Am In For This. Looking Forward to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

In

Clay
    Conor
    Keith
    Gav
    Ronan
    Glenn (Jules mate Striker )
    Jules
    Ciaran

+3 other possibles

8 players plus three possibles = 11

Out

Cathal away
    Eoin injured
    Collie away
    Dave

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I'll be there

Thanks Ronan.

What's The Story Did You Text Kenny and is he in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I'm in but have a college thing so might not make it till half-time.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I cant find it any where but what type of boots can you wear?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Astro boots, no blades/steel studs, something like these are best Link

I've 4 lads from work interested in joining. Let them know today so it was very late notice so not sure if they'll make it, but one of them has confirmed he'll be there (Glenn - good striker).

Mall10357 wrote: »
    What's The Story Did You Text Kenny and is he in.

Texted him at least twice, if not three times, not one reply, so no idea.

We need more bodies lads. For tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Astro boots, no blades/steel studs, something like these are best Link

Can I wear these boots?

Not steel or blades

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

They are not blades like predator blades. They are rubber moulded studs

They arent my boots btw! Sure I'll just bring up my astro boots and the these. Just prefer my normal boots

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

godtabh, they still may be rubber but they have the placement of studs, they'd probably pass inspection but to be honest with the lack of grip on them you'd probably be spending more time on your a$$ than playing!!

The ones Iago linked to are the style to get

I've got 3 lads from work heading down tonight: Glenn (striker), Dave B (winger/striker), Ronan (defender) and then another lad I play 5-a-side with (Dave C - winger I'd say) says he'll be there but could really do with a lift from Tallaght. I'll be going straight from college so can't collect him - anyone able to give a lift from D24?

Jules, are all them lads interested in playing for the season?

In

Clay
    Conor
    Keith
    Gav
    Ronan
    Glenn (Jules mate Striker )
    Jules
    Ciaran
    Dave B (winger/striker)
    Ronan (defender)
    Dave C (winger)
    Gary D
    Eammon

That's 13

plus Kenny might be there too

Out

Cathal away
    Eoin injured
    Collie away
    Dave
    Anto

Des wrote: »
    Jules, are all them lads interested in playing for the season?

All were interested in having a look with a view to joining for the season if it works out. Have one more from work that can't make it tonight: Ferghal. My mate Tony will be up for joining too, but too late notice for tonight.

What Teams are in the league with us.

Mall10357 wrote: »
    What Teams are in the league with us.

I'll get a fixture list up in about an hour Clay, but here's a list of teams

Teams we know

Roys
    Templeogue
    SS Rovers
    Bar Real
    Fab Ben Monks

Teams we don't know

Standard Life
    Dir Dynamos
    Pocket Rocket
    Dublin Devils 1

• Advertisement

Des wrote: »
    I'll get a fixture list up in about an hour Clay, but here's a list of teams

Teams we know

Roys
    Templeogue
    SS Rovers
    Bar Real
    Fab Ben Monks

Teams we don't know

Standard Life
    Dir Dynamos
    Pocket Rocket
    Dublin Devils 1
    Standard Life are pretty decent, they were thereabouts in league 4 a couple of seasons ago.

Des that link doesnt seem to be working for me, just gives me a blank table, try this http://astro.ie/LeagueTable.asp?CompetitionAssociationID=1&CompetitionLocationID=1&CompetitionID=1432&DivisionDetailsID=8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Good luck tonight lads.

4-2 win, and some really excellent new additions to the squad.

We controlled the first half, and came in 2-0 up, Ciaran with the opener, and Gary adding the second.

After the break, and some changes we got a bit sloppy and conceded twice.

Then Conor scored to regain the lead, and the fourth came from a long Clay kick that confused their centre half and keeper and ended up in the net.

All in all a very encouraging performance, especially from the new lads.

4-2 win.

Went 2 up with some good moves in the first have goals by Ciaran and Conor (i think). Went a bit to pieces for the first 10 in the second have defensively (myself included) needed to get rid of it quicker and not try to do too much around our own box. They got back 2-2.

Got another 2 goals Jules and we'll give Clay the other goal!!

Decent performance from a patched up side with a lot of new faces. Onwards and upwards!

Yeh a lot of new faces, but an excellent bunch of new players it has to be said.

Anto, Eoin, Collie, Dave, Cathal from last season's squad are all also back in for this season in addition to those that were there tonight, so the core of last season's squad is still very much intact. And the quality of the performances from the new lads tonight was pretty damn encouraging if you ask me - this could be one of the toughest teams to get into that we've had. In addition to the 5 new lads I brought down tonight (all of whom said afterwards they are keen to fight for a spot and will be back next week), there's another 2 that are interested in coming down next week, and that's on top of Gary, Eamon and the other Ronan.

Competition will be fierce lads, and though it's early days, I'm convinced there's the potential in this squad to have us really challenge for this league. So, to the new lads, I'd say fair play to each of you and good luck establishing yourself in the squad but know that you'll have to fight for your place, which will push us all on.

As we tell everyone thinking of joining: this team is about the team above any individual and the fella who plays for the team will be looked on more positively than the fella trying to go for glory from 40 yards when there's lads in better positions. On the other hand - if you try the right thing (which sometimes does involve taking on a long ranger) and it doesn't come off, you should get nothing but encouragement: only time you should get grief is when you're trying the wrong thing (taking too much out of it, passing across your goal etc.).

As for tonight's match, well played all round: the response after we let them get back into it speaks volumes for the spirit and though we got a bit of luck at a crucial time, you make your own luck and we were clinical in capitalizing on it and then closed the game out very smartly.

Onwards and upwards for sure....only last thing to say is Des you've done Clay a disservice: that was an absolute 110yard wonder goal of the millenium! :D

Great Team Performance Well Done To The New Lads who came in. Just to say that i am claiming that goal and i kept us in it in the first half with my great save.

Advertisement