Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GRE Test!!

Options
  • 27-09-2010 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

I have my GRE coming up in a months time and I was wondering if anyone had any advice??!!! Much appreciated!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

Practice under test conditions, i.e. time limit yourself.

Do a good few practice essays.

Get a hold of some SAT+GRE word-lists, I came across loads of words that I'd never heard of but some time spent looking these up will be valuable.

Are you doing just the general GRE or are you doing a subject test as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

Practice under test conditions, i.e. time limit yourself.

Do a good few practice essays.

Get a hold of some SAT+GRE word-lists, I came across loads of words that I'd never heard of but some time spent looking these up will be valuable.

Are you doing just the general GRE or are you doing a subject test as well?

+1

There are about 300 words that get used and re-used. Make flashcards.

I used a Princeton Review book, and did the timed tests with the CD rom. I also bought a book of practice tests, and did them, again while timed. My only regret is that I didn't spend more time studying the stupid vocabulary words.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭oisin_t

Just doing the general GRE!

I have a book bought already, and have the ETS test program downloaded already.

Will take extra care with the vocab so!

Thanks for the advice!

Advertisement