Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Security

Options
  • 26-09-2010 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    My parents live in county Limerick and someone tried to open the backdoor tonight.
    Thankfully it was locked, but something has to be done. Guards were called but there's nothing they can do really without evidence.
    So asap we're getting Electric Gates and camera's with record facility put in.

Can someone recommend someone close to Limerick City to do this? We already have a nice iron gate with an underground pipe specially for the electric wires.

Any help appreciated.
    Thanks
    John

At the moment, i feel physically sick with rage. If there's a God in heaven, me and my 4 brothers will be there next time they call

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have a look at the PSA register of licenced installers
    click search and enter Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

The PSA register is a good start for the Intruder Alarm.
    Just a guess but these guys were more than likely opportunists who were driving by and seen the gate open with no sign of anyone at home.
    Try and make the house look occupied, lights on timers etc

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭slystallone

Anyone know of what are the best camera systems that come with electric gate control panels? Thinking of getting gates installed but wondering how the little camera would work, which i guess would be on the panel? Does it link to an app on your phone? What are the best options out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

Sorry I am confused

The gate control is the brains of the gate automation system, as in the brains of the system

There is no camera in there and for the last 30 years I have yet to come across a gate manufacturer including cameras in their range.

Are you referring to an audio / video intercom system ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Jaymacc

Ring do great cameras which have 27/7 or sensor recording. You can have these set up on an app and get notifications when there is movement. I have one at my drive way gate which alerts me when someone is there. the app allows you to have a 2 way conversation and then if you wish to open the gate you use the gate dialler to open the gate. Maybe there are other ways but this works well for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

Most professionals use the Hikvision audio video intercom.

It has its own App and from it the gate can also be pulsed.

Advertisement