Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man + Van

Options
  • 26-09-2010 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭

Ok so I won't really know probably until tomorrow but there's a good chance I'll be moving to Dublin on Friday BUT I need someone to move me. I've done searches and looked in the Post but I've only found two available guys to do this. They're both quoting €220, but I would like to see if any body knows of anyone else that does this, so I could get something cheaper, or at least someone that comes recommended.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 FFfatboyslim

Ok so I won't really know probably until tomorrow but there's a good chance I'll be moving to Dublin on Friday BUT I need someone to move me. I've done searches and looked in the Post but I've only found two available guys to do this. They're both quoting €220, but I would like to see if any body knows of anyone else that does this, so I could get something cheaper, or at least someone that comes recommended.

I'll move you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

See sticky bargain alerts limerick city post 180. Man with van.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Load van, diesel,
    Time
    Wear and tear on vehicle
    insurance, tax
    unload van
    drive back to Limerick
    Tolls

sounds cheap to me

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Load van, diesel,
    Time
    Wear and tear on vehicle
    insurance, tax
    unload van
    drive back to Limerick
    Tolls

sounds cheap to me

I was thinking the same. Try doing it yourself and this is what you get.

€70 to hire a van
    €50 for Diesel up and down
    €100 wages for the guy doing it. Long day and possibly spread over 1.5 days.

€220 is even good value. €180 is also suspiciously cheap. I would like to do it myself if it was my own property.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

How much stuff?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Rent the van yourself. Drive yourself. As long as you have a license, and someone to drive your own car up, seems like a winner!
    Plus you can work on right arm tan, and eating breakfast rolls!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

are you ever NOT moving?! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Don't forget to pack your new Avatar.

- Has anyone seen the pieces of the drifters broken heart?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

If you know any of the newspaper lads try them. They go to dublin empty to collect a load so it would be a bonus for them, making it cheap.

Rent a van and do it yourself, thats what I would do

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

kilburn wrote: »
    If you know any of the newspaper lads try them. They go to dublin empty to collect a load so it would be a bonus for them, making it cheap.

Rent a van and do it yourself, thats what I would do

hey SU...

Have a man with a van, its white too, he's pleasant and helpful.

I know from previous jobs he's about €200.00

Can ask him if ya like, when's the big move???

Ken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Try vantasks.ie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Hey all

I've been gone all day to dublin looking at houses. well turned out to be just one. so I think moving to dublin this coming friday is off.

still moving, as I have to be out by saturday at the latest, just not sure where yet. Thanks for the input everyone, especially you zuroph :rolleyes: :p

I can appreciate that this price seems like good value, its just a crazy amount of money for me, but if I've to pay something like that then I do. @Ken I might get back to you about that if I need it, thanks!

Right now I'm unsure of what I'm doing. Could be moving to Galway (instead) or could be moving to somewhere else in Limerick. Just back from my day in dublin, so have to look into it all and go from there.

oh I would hire a van and do it much cheaper myself if I had a license.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

How much stuff do you have to move? Its difficult to gauge with you.:p

Just out the road in Clare.

Advertisement