Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screenplay printing/binding supplies...

Options
  • 26-09-2010 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭

Figured I'd ask here as someone might know. Is there anywhere in Dublin where I could pick up screenplay printing and binding supplies. That is 80gsm white four hole punched A4 paper, Medium stock card again 4 hole punched and brass fastening brads... I'd imagine the paper and card would be the easiest to find... I'm sure maybe Eason or Reads would have em... The brass fasteners are where I'm not sure... Is there any decent stationary places I haven't thought of?

Thanks
    E

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

I'm not sure where you got your information but it's completely acceptable and standard practice for scripts to be paper, (no card cover) A4 two hold punch, with Acco fasteners. In ten years in the industry I've never been given a script in any other format.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Thanks for the reply... Are those Acco fasteners easy to come by or need to be ordered online? Have only just finished my first feature length script and just wanna print it up and bind it the way it should be... For no other reason than to just have it... And the 2 hole punch is that just your bog standard hole punch?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭Di0genes

Any decent station shop should have them Easons or Reeds for example. And Standard A4 hole punch. A variety of departments, take a script apart (continuity/editing) etc....As to the brass fixtures and card, it makes a good impression, but do you think anyone's going to read your script based solely on the type of binding you use. This is really cheap, industry standard and absolutely acceptable.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Thanks for the advice... Appreciate it...

Advertisement