Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to use 3g with my captivate?

Options
  • 26-09-2010 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭

hey

i have an unlocked samsung captivate (one of the american galaxy s phones) it is rooted and i am using a meteor pay as you go sim

so i want to know how i can set up my captivate to use the meteor 3g network. as far as i kow it supports the necessary frequencies and meteor sell 3g pay as you go phones so it must be possible with a pay as you go sim card?

anyone have any ideas? and if so any idea how much data is on meteor?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The phone should automatically find the meteor 3G network if there's one around you,
    do a network seach with what ever sim you have now and see what networks show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

The phone should automatically find the meteor 3G network if there's one around you,
    do a network seach with what ever sim you have now and see what networks show up.

there is defo a 3g network here and it might be picking it up but its definitely not using it to connect to the internet when i try and use internet services without wireless

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

When you do a network search does Meteor 3G network appear? You should see 2 meteor networks the 2G and 3G, there's no special settings to make the meteor 3G network appear. If you can't get the Meteor 3G network up there is no meteor 3G network where you are.
    All the settings you need are here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055516939 but if you can't get the Meteor 3G icon up at the top of the phone beside where the signal bars are these settings won't make it appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

When you do a network search does Meteor 3G network appear? You should see 2 meteor networks the 2G and 3G, there's no special settings to make the meteor 3G network appear. If you can't get the Meteor 3G network up there is no meteor 3G network where you are.
    All the settings you need are here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055516939 but if you can't get the Meteor 3G icon up at the top of the phone beside where the signal bars are these settings won't make it appear.

i dont know how to do a network search but all the apn data and mms settings are blank. i tried to enter some ones from meteor.ie and that made 3g appear in the corner but no data was being exchanged

again i know for a fact there is a 3g network in my area, thanks for the link ill try those settings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 robek

That's not really true. My captivate didn't show 3G until I insert internet setting manually. I rand customer service and asked them to sent the settings to my phone via sms. It didn't work for some reason. I rang them again and they gave me setting over the phone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement