Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should i do here ? (dropped htc g1 in water)

Options
  • 26-09-2010 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭

I dropped my htc g1 in the toilet about 3 weeks ago,it stopped working and i dried it and left it to dry for a few weeks. I tried the phone just now and when the battery is in it shows a blue light when turned on but nothing else. If i try to turn it on with the battery out plugged into the wall i get nothing.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭vandammaged

http://www.waterproof-paper.com/cases/silica-gel-packs.shtml

Put some of these packs near it and it will soak up all the water dammaged.

Might work after that.

Or put it wrapped in towel and put the towel in the Hot Press

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

Rice + Hot Press for 3-4 Days = phone that could work no bother for the rest of its life!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

Rice in a tupperware box and stick it in the hot press

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

One of the buttons is stuck down or thinks its stuck down as the device is being turned on, that leaves it in a state where the screen is blank but the light is blue.

Maybe needs a bit more drying? Or some dirt or something is stuck in one of the buttons holding it down?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

if it was me I'd leave it in the tupperware for another day or two. Then to try and fix whatever is under the button I'd open it up and see, you'll blow away any warranty but that's probably gone now that it got wet anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭ronano

thanks for the replies folks i thought it was well and truly frakked (it still could be tho!) i've left it in the hot press,i will do the rice bowl and hotpress for a few days and then if not fixed fiddle with it. Warranty is not an issue due to it being second hand

Advertisement