Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Programmer admits to creating vote rigging software in 2000's US election.

Options
  • 26-09-2010 2:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭

Surprised that noone has posted this yet so in the interests of being fair ill post it.

im sure people can connect the dots on this if they want

http://wimp.com/votesoftware/

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

I've edited the title, just so its clearer what the conspiracy is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

It's not a conspiracy if it's a fact, as that video shows.

Confab wrote: »
    It's not a conspiracy if it's a fact, as that video shows.

Not necessarily. The definition of a conspiracy is "a secret agreement between two or more people to perform an unlawful act"

This meets that definition. Also, just because this guy claims it occurred, doesn't mean it actually did.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

i think he basically says he was asked to develope a software to do this.

was it used is of course were people are gonna be divided.

to be honest i dont care but i know some people on here do care and instead of keeping it to myself i decided to share it with them even if i think itll be twisted into something along the illuminati lines

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

It wasn't used as the code he supposedly wrote was for touch screen voting machines which weren't used in that district in 2000.

There's more info on the guy including links to the court documents here.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

And yet we are supposed to believe the opium-rich Afghanistan's elections aren't rigged. :rolleyes: Free heroine for all!

Has anyone any idea why this is not huge news? Surely, if this is a credible testimony it should be front page news across the globe?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

i think its basically a case of they have the technology but did they use it.

yekahs wrote: »
    Has anyone any idea why this is not huge news? Surely, if this is a credible testimony it should be front page news across the globe?
    The point being, after examination it was found not to be credible at all.

And to reiterate, they did not use the technology as the touch screen machines the software was supposedly designed for were not used in the election.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭bytey

so they couldnt have used the code in other non touch screen machines then ?

• Advertisement

bytey wrote: »
    so they couldnt have used the code in other non touch screen machines then ?
    Since the election in question used a punch card system in that district that year, no. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭bytey

you win this round ;)

Advertisement