Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childminding rates in Cork

Options
  • 25-09-2010 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi,
    I am just trying to get to know the going rates for childminding in cork ( in childminders home) for 2 kids? what is the typical rate for the 2nd child? I have been told rates of €80 per day for 2 kids, where i can put them into a creche for 85. To me the creche seems a better option? Or am i getting very high quotes?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

What ages are they?
    That sounds very high for 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 pmac3978

two and a half and 8 month old

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭fi1979

Hiya, we've been looking into childminders in Cork recently also. We only have the one who will be 9 months when I go back to work. We were quoted on average about €40 per day. I would have thought they would not charge quite as much for the second tho?

Have since got a quote for 60 a day (Its a long day 7 - 17:30) which is what i was expecting. Would love to hear what other people in similar circumstances to this are paying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

I think it's a fair price, I charge sth similar myself.

• Advertisement

I would like to reach out again to people with childminders to see what the going hourly rate is for minding 2 kids (1 and 3) in the childminders home? All input appreciated!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Fairy1979

Hi there - I'm a childminder in East Cork and I would charge €50 a day to mind 2 children of your ages. I'm fully qualified and registered with Cork Childcare Committee. I'm also a Qualified Montessori Teacher. HTH

Hi Fairy1979, thanks for your reply -I have found a childminder - with great difficulty, so much for a ressession! The rate i am currently paying is 7 - 7:50 per hour for 2 kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Fairy1979

Hi Pmac - it seems to be the going rate alright although i have dropped my rates in line with the recession. It doesnt make sense to charge people the same rate as during the boom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Johnoc1974

Fairy1979 wrote: »
    Hi there - I'm a childminder in East Cork and I would charge €50 a day to mind 2 children of your ages. I'm fully qualified and registered with Cork Childcare Committee. I'm also a Qualified Montessori Teacher. HTH

Hi,I was wondering if you could send me on your details?

I'm wondering where in east cork you are located,as I am looking for a childminder for my 2 children.

• Advertisement
Advertisement