Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who to book Ski Holiday With?

Options
  • 25-09-2010 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭

Looking for a good/cheap ski company to book with in January for min. 3 people? More then likely France/Austria.

Used TopFlight before but not overly happy with them and looking to use a different company, any help would be great?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Top flight suck ass. You can get the same holidays for 20% less from direct ski for the same holiday.

Normally but not always cheaper to go independent Crystal do good last minute deals. Wouldn't rule out flying from Belfast either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

I think its always better to book yourself unless maybe a first ski holiday or a big group (you do not need the responsibility) There is loads of info here or online.
    Out 1st trip next year works out at €384 each includes flight, ski carriage, accom & ski pass for 1 week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

ulinbac wrote: »
    Looking for a good/cheap ski company to book with in January for min. 3 people? More then likely France/Austria.

Used TopFlight before but not overly happy with them and looking to use a different company, any help would be great?

Thanks in advance

Why are you so set on going through a tour operater, you only paying extra for the middle man. Its very easy to book it all by yourself!

Forget the tour operator, books your flights, find somewhere to stay and airport transfer through the resort website and ski school if you require it.

All other things like the lift passes and ski hire can be arranged when you get there, there is no shortage of ski rentals or lift passes so dont worry about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I think its always better to book yourself unless maybe a first ski holiday or a big group (you do not need the responsibility) There is loads of info here or online.
    Out 1st trip next year works out at €384 each includes flight, ski carriage, accom & ski pass for 1 week.

I have to ask...... HOW?
    Surely a weeks ski pass is going to be €150 (6x€25 and the 7th day free?)
    ski carriage, return will be €60 on top of flights, even if the flight are free, the tax+charges usually amount to around €50

which means you are getting a weeks accomodation for €124 ??

Is that accurate?

Howdy Shay,
    good to chat again, that means the ski season is nearly upon us :D:D

A breakdown of the costs is...
    Ryanair flights €66 (pre paid mastercard)
    Ski carriage €80 (2 x sets of ski's in a board bag)
    1 extra bag €30
    The rest is booked through http://www.blattner-fewo.de/
    Accomodation 1 bed apartment €255
    Cleaning tax €34
    Local tax €36.40
    Ski pass 6 days €266 They organised this for us, I don't know if this is a regular service or not.

Total cost is €767.40 which works out at €383.70

Send me a PM I will forward the details of the apartment etc :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

^ are all your prices for 2 people? €266 for one lift pass is pretty expensive if not.

all prices are for 2 people, I divided it at the end to give a P/P cost.
    Ski pass 6 days €266 They organised this for us, I don't know if this is a regular service or not.
    Just checked this with them, its available from the same place as the accomodation @ €133.50 6 day pass but they have longer or shorter deals, best to e-mail them for a qoute. http://www.blattner-fewo.de/

Just realised I didn't add in the cost of the train transfer, a bayern ticket http://www.toytowngermany.com/wiki/Bayern_ticket €28 each way up to 5 adults

Ah right ok thanks!

Howdy Shay,
    good to chat again, that means the ski season is nearly upon us :D:D

A breakdown of the costs is...
    Ryanair flights €66 (pre paid mastercard)
    Ski carriage €80 (2 x sets of ski's in a board bag)
    1 extra bag €30
    The rest is booked through http://www.blattner-fewo.de/
    Accomodation 1 bed apartment €255
    Cleaning tax €34
    Local tax €36.40

Total cost is €767.40 which works out at €383.70

Send me a PM I will forward the details of the apartment etc :)

Ah, I see you got nice cheap flights and only 1 extra bag.
    That's probably where I'd usually pay a bit more.
    I won't fly with Ryanair anymore and myself and my g/f usually have a bag each.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

ShayK1 wrote: »
    I won't fly with Ryanair anymore and myself and my g/f usually have a bag each.

Can I ask why?just out of curiosity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

davmol wrote: »

Probably because of the cost to bring your own skis, 40 quid each way, ouch !

Overflow wrote: »
    Probably because of the cost to bring your own skis, 40 quid each way, ouch !

Not if you can a flight with their get their skis go free promotions. I got my Memmingen flight last year with it and it cost me about 60 for the flight, a checked bag and skis.

I will be looking out for this promotion again this year.

davmol wrote: »

Sorry, Only just saw that now.
    The last 2 flights I booked with them where changed.
    The first time wasn't so bad. I booked an early morning flight which they changed to fly out around 11:30am later that morning, which meant I missed out on my first half day boarding. (No a big deal)

The 2nd however, they moved the outbound flight forward by 2 days and the return flight was put back by a day. That added the expensive of more nights in the hotel and more days on my ski pass, plus food and drink and whatever else, which I simply couldn't afford.

I cancelled those flights, rebooked with aerlingus.... which actually worked out cheaper and I haven't flown with ryanair since. And don't plan to either.

Advertisement