Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Location Scout- Help Wanted!

Options
  • 25-09-2010 8:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey Everyone;

Currently doing some location scouting for a short shoot in the coming weeks. Looking for some pretty big, potentially derelict, industrial sites in or near dublin. larger open spaces ideal- looking for somewhere a bit more anonymous than pigeon house/poolbeg.

Any tips? need to be accessible by normal road car. Actually having an owner/contact details/ electricity- anything like that is a bonus. but also good.

Cheers,

Hugh.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

jacobs factory in tallaght?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

The old Techcrete site in Howth was being used until yesterday for shooting a feature film 'The Santa Incident'. I think the location manager mentioned that Siac owned it now. It's right beside the road with perfect truck access. Coords are 53°23'21.27"N 6° 4'42.12"W on Google Earth. Here's a bad image of it.

1219680141562_1.jpg

To give an idea of scale, the dark patch on the lower left is 3 tennis courts and there's a standard size tower crane just visible on the property at time of photo, not there now.

Let me know if you're interested as the same crowd are filming next door in the next few days, so I might be able to get contact details from the Location Manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Medea616

I doubt its possible to get permission to film in Jacobs Factory in Tallaght,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭johnfunk

Medea616 wrote: »
    I doubt its possible to get permission to film in Jacobs Factory in Tallaght,

If my time spent working in locations has thought me anything its that its possible to film anywhere , as long as you have a cheque book

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Medea616

Insurance would be sky high probably though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭johnfunk

You can get public liability insurance through filmbase for a couple of hundred euro which would cover you

Advertisement