Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a nice fit of suit for a Male?

Options
  • 25-09-2010 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

I have a two big problems when it comes to finding a suit that fits me, first is that i go to the gym regularly so my shoulders arms chest and legs are bigger than than the average man.

Im not bodybuilder frame or anything near it, I fit nicely into most clothes just when it comes to suits ether my legs are too big for the trousers or i have to get larger jacket size to fit my shoulders and chest which just looks baggy on me. My size tends change over time, becoming bigger or smaller depending on level of training im doing.

My second and biggest problem is that im a student so I dont have the money to get a suit tailored to my size as my budget is in the 200 range. Has anyone had similar experience when getting a suit or even just have advice on where I can go.

Also someone told me to buy a suit that is one size to big for me and bring it to tailors to get it tailored to fit my size for around the 60 quid mark, anyone heard of this being done before??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Hi there.

Well, for sizing, some of the larger stores will provide a seperate jacket to the trousers that would normally come with, so I wouldn't see that as too big a problem. With your budget (And I don't know if you have shirt/tie/cufflinks/shoes to fit into that budget) you might be best popping into M&S, where you can chop and change between the jacket and trousers. I think the Savoy Tailors Guild in Kildare Village will do it too, but it might be worth ringing first.

If you can put a few more quid in, check out some of the other menswear stores and tell them from the off that you need a size ** jacket and a ** trouser fit. If they can't accomodate you, move on.

Finally, don't go buying a suit too big if one fits straight off the rack. You can always get a suit that fits tailored to your body shape, but if you're buying one too big, it's just too big.

Advertisement