Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fake plug piercings!

Options
  • 25-09-2010 4:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hi, i want to get both ears pierced and have fake plugs in them, either a 16g or 14g! im just wonderin can u have them put in straight away once ur ears are pierced or do u have to wear a stud or somethin until they are fully healed?
    thanks ledger!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Something like this?

fake-ear-stretching.jpg

I doubt anyone would pierce your ear with one of those so best bet would be wait until it's healed then put one in. Ear lobe takes roughly 6 weeks to heal and once it is healed then you can change the jewellery. And remember to go to a reputable piercer who uses needles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ledger89

ye thats exactly wat i want! i'll defo go to a proper piercer wit needles! i dont take chances to save money wit tattoo's or piercings! suppose i'll have to see wat jewellery i can get pierced wit! thanks for the response!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

ledger89 wrote: »
    hi, i want to get both ears pierced and have fake plugs in them, either a 16g or 14g! im just wonderin can u have them put in straight away once ur ears are pierced or do u have to wear a stud or somethin until they are fully healed?
    thanks ledger!
    *rolls over laughing*

14 or 16G!!

*continues laughing*

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Raze behave. Not everyone wants to stretch, and there's nothing wrong with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CK2010

is raze not just referring to the size he wants, i mean regardless of the type its a bit small, like arent general piercings that size so putting in fake plugs that size would be pointless? maybe im entirely wrong! just the way i read it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

The OP could mean 16 or 14mm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

The OP could mean 16 or 14mm.
    nope they said 14 or 16 g, which is what piercings are done at 1.2 mm is 16g and 1.6 is 14g. I just think it's funny someone would want to fake a piercing let alone a normal sized one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Hay i used to wear them!

maybe he just wants to try em out and see if he would like them and not get fed up of em before actually getting them done proper.. smart move imo

well either way, OP if ur happy then it doesnt really matter, just make sure you know the right measurement/size of both the actual bar and then the front of it (the plug face part) because g and mm are both quite different so you dont wanna mix it up.
    if you're being pierced with a needle it'll more than likely be a 1.2m bar you need and then choose what size face you want for the plug part, which generally will be bigger if you want it to look stretched.
    i think! lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

If I brought them into a shop (Bodyshock, Snakebite or Wildcat) would they use the jewellary I buy.

Or should I get my ears done normally with a standard 1.2mm bar and wait for them to heal and then put in the fake plugs.

• Advertisement

no, most good studios would say wait til its healed and then you can change it.

sure if you were to actually stretch them you'd have to wait a while after you pierced them anyway, unless you got a stretch done while they did the initial piercing, which ive been told isn't nice!

why the rush anyway? do you not like plain barbells?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

nope they said 14 or 16 g, which is what piercings are done at 1.2 mm is 16g and 1.6 is 14g. I just think it's funny someone would want to fake a piercing let alone a normal sized one

This:
    fake-ear-stretching.jpg
    is the kind of thing the OP is looking for, and they go into a normal 14/16g piercing.

If someone doesn't want to/isn't ready to stretch their ears, then that's their choice, and there's nothing wrong with it.

I'm gonna let this slide now, but don't be slagging people off about their choice of size please.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Jesus lads--I wear those fake plugs aswell.Only since that nice man that I work for made me remove all my piercings.

Nothing wrong with them if thats the only choice you have.

I get mine here

http://extreme-body-jewellery.co.uk/fakepiercing.php

and here

http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/online_store/fake_body_jewellery_835.cfm?gclid=CJSs6ciTp6QCFY1k4wodYTgU5A

Advertisement