Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Final

Options
  • 25-09-2010 6:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭

Pies in control at the half and it's been a good contest so far.

Travis Choke continues to shank easy efforts at every opportunity which is quite amusing.

I had Didak at $9.50 to score the first goal. The prick got the ball pretty much in the goal square after 20 seconds and then handballed it to Jolly who scored! To say I was livid is an understatement.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Brian017

That was the Anti Climax of Anti Climaxes.

The 2 sides both threw it away in a way, But especially the Pies. Said at half time the 2 Cloke misses will cost them and it did. Such a bizzare ending to a game ever imo. The fans, players, coaches both looked like defeated teams.

Think the Saints will take this now. They will be well up for it after feeling like it was getting out of their reach at HT.

Oh and Dennis Commetti nearly lost his wig in the storm lol

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Still waiting for someone to upload the Cometti incident to YouTube :D

Goddard was absolutely robbed of the Norm Smith.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

Xavi6 wrote: »

Goddard was absolutely robbed of the Norm Smith.

Hayes was great but Goddard single handedly got them back into game and was best player on pitch by long way, amazing decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

I randomly woke up at 4 this morning and gave this blast. Pure awesomeness. I look forward to the replay :D

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭seipeal1

I thought Goddard was absolutely brilliant after the first quarter. The saints needed their big players to raise their game and he was magnificent. He really is a special player. Huge character. Not a fan of either team but Goddards performance got me cheering for the Saints. Bit of room in their forwards for Walsh next year, maybe????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

Wow, what a game...slightly sick over losing such a substantial lead in a low scoring game but having said that I didn't think we played particularly well after the first quarter.

Agree with those who said Goddard should have gotten the Norm Smith, he was a force of nature in the second half, seemed to be absolutely everywhere, defence, ruck, forward (what a mark!!)

One thing that stood out for me is that the Saints seem to be a team of 5/6 superstars who carried them back into the game (Roo, hayes, goddard, fisher especially), whereas Collingwood are a far more balanced team. That's why I'd fancy us to take it next week as I don't know whether some of those Saints players will be able to produce the same epic performances again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Brian017 wrote: »
    Such a bizzare ending to a game ever imo. The fans, players, coaches both looked like defeated teams.

Couldnt believe how pissed the players looked after the siren. Maxwell looked like he was gonna rip Dimetrieu a knew one! :pac:

Great game. we were screaming at the TV in the last few minutes, saints almost got there.

Looking forward to the replay. I hope its another good game.
    Totally agree Goddard was robbed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

was a very entertaining game alright. The saints did well to hold on to the pies coat tails in the first quarter and keep them from extending any lead despite collingwoods very obvious dominance. Cloke had his usual misses again and Leon went missing again, so I'm not sure if you'll get the pies so lacklustre second time around. Goddard was immense. had a great game. Milne was far too quiet. Schneider was busy, but they need another forward to do damage, especially as Riewoldt gets out around midfield too often and isnt in the forward line. No point in expecting things from Kosi, if he plays well, its a binus, but too often he is a passenger int he side.

looking froward to the replay anyway

In case you haven't seen it -

Awesome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭easytiger!

When is the replay on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

easytiger! wrote: »
    When is the replay on?

tomorrow 2.30pm eastern time

2.30pm EST tomorrow so that's 5.30am Irish time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TommyT

Good luck to the pies tomorrow. Have my Collingwood flag flying outside the house.

In one foul swoop Nick Riewoldt may have fecked St. Kilda right over in the first quarter.

Unreal smoother by Heath Shaw though.

1415q94.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

And there we are...Collingwood 2010 premiers :D

And I don't think anyone could argue that we weren't the best team over the course of the year. Pendles Norm Smith as well, what a player!

I didn't see the first quarter Xavi, what was the Riewoldt thing about?

He marked in the goal square played on instead of going back for the set shot. Shaw came from behind and smothered it. It was a great effort from Heath.

Pies are truely deserving Premiers. Played superb all year

Here's a video of the smother for you

SSK wrote: »
    Pendles Norm Smith as well, what a player!

Why couldn't he do that last week when I had $10 on him? :mad:

Advertisement