Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

www.taxieireann.ie

• 25-09-2010 4:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

We would be grateful if you could kindly review Ireland's first online portal for nationwide instant taxi booking service:

www.taxieireann.ie

Also please let us know if we have missed any taxi company in your area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

JS on the country dropdown box doesn't work in Chrome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

You're up against the likes of http://www.icabbi.ie/ who are being reviewed in this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056042066

You need to get a good sales oriented designer to make this better.

The logo, layout, copy, typography, colour scheme, processes and more have a helluva a lot of scope for improvement.

The booking process needs incentive and information first, not jumping straight in to Order Taxi. Why should I use you? Costs? Offers? How does it work? These should be first, then ordering. Same for the register company. Why use you? How does it work? There's none of this vital content that gets sales. There is some of this info in the FAQ but for the purposes of making sales, it's buried.

There's no postal/physicial address which vital for trust. I, like many others, won't use you without it.

You've no market seperation. Your site needs to serve both customers and taxis. These need to be more seperate eg. a FAQ for users and another for taxis or a panel for each on the homepage with incentive content then the required booking/register functions.

Get a professional who knows their stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Moved, merged and cleaned existing threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Your pitch is that it's a taxi ordering service, but the process for the customer is to pick their County, then Area, then taxi company? So really it's a directory rather than an ordering service.

What's the point of using your site if I have to choose a taxi company? If I have to choose the company, the site is requesting that I choose a company presuming that I know which company I want to order from. But if I already know that, then why wouldn't I have just googled for that company in the first place?

If you have a useful service to offer, you need to make it more obvious because right now I'm not seeing the point of your site at all really. If you are a directory service, then make the information accessible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

No point me repeating what the two other posters said, but I agree with them. I also think the domain name is awful. It has zero impact, is forgettable and has little SEO value. Why didn't you pick something a little more relevant, taxinow.ie, fastcab.ie or the likes.

I also don't see the point of this idea, if I want a taxi I just phone for one, it's a much quicker process, and I'm left in no doubt as to the status of my order when the process has been completed. It seems to me both of these sites are creating a solution to something that isn't a problem.

But if you're looking for feedback on the site itself...

Your 'Home' link is on the top right-hand-side, move it to the left-hand-side where users expect to find it.

Get rid of the Walt Disney quote it serves no purpose.

Try adding some information on how the service works using colourful, eye-catching graphics:

1 Fill in your details
    2 Press Book
    3 Wait for your taxi

If it really is that simple you should be telling people about it. I'm an expert user (by the definition of the UX term) and I'm unsure about how the process works, I'd imagine a novice user wouldn't fare any better.

Move your "How We Send The Booking Instantly" to a separate page, it doesn't earn you any revenue. The users' focus when they hit your homepage should be solely on your booking service.

• Advertisement
Advertisement