Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Student - Orthoptics

Options
  • 25-09-2010 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

I would very much like to study Orthoptics, it is only offered at University of Liverpool or another Uni in Sheffield. I have an Associate's degree from the US and am currently doing First Year Forensic Science in Galway and am a mature student. I lived in the US for the vast majority of my adult life and am still adjusting to life in Ireland never mind picking up and flaking off to England. So I have loads of questions, I really don't know how the system works for Irish students going across, fees, the application process etc. I believe I can apply for the course at any time now but I have no clue as to when a decision on the application gets made? How much does it cost to live on campus? What are my options for funding? Are there designated areas for mature students to live on campus? I don't want to be stuck in with a bunch of young ones mad for partying. Any U of L alumni or Orthoptics students/grads posting here?

Advertisement