Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iCabbi - New online service for booking taxis - www.icabbi.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

It's not obvious how to book a cab on the home page. I'd suggest you make 'Book Now' more obvious but that link doesn't work. So do I either need an account to use the site or is "book now" just not working?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

Evil Phil wrote: »
    It's not obvious how to book a cab on the home page. I'd suggest you make 'Book Now' more obvious but that link doesn't work. So do I either need an account to use the site or is "book now" just not working?

Thanks, we did a bit of work to make it clear on how to book a taxi. You need to be a registered user to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

Mr.S wrote: »
    Looks very promising, more so the mobile app. But is there enough drivers with the system installed?

Driver numbers are growing each day, we will have Dublin completely covered by the time the mobile app comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭hobbit stomper

I think is a really cool idea.

The only problem I have is the name. I like the sound of it, it's short and catchy. But I told several friends about it over the phone and they all thought it's spelled iCabby. That's kinda bad if you have a good short catchy name but everybody misspells it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 iCabbi

Hobbit stomper I would kind of agree in some respects, but I thought about it, if you rang your mate and said you were renting a car from Hertz and it wasn't world famous they wouldn't have a clue how to spell it. If you think about it there are loads of companies that you would have difficulty spelling on first time of asking. The key is that the name is short and can only really be spelt two ways.

The site and iTunes are optmised to iCabbi and iCabby so people will find it.

Our iPhone app is now live, we would appreciate any feedback you could give us. We have noted a small bug that we are currently fixing where some people are encountering issues registering on the app and have to try twice, this isn't an issue where wifi is being used.

http://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/icabbi-ireland/id386959553?mt=8

• Advertisement

Just wanted to install it, but I can't because your app is limited to Ireland only, or to be exact, to Irish iTunes accounts.

I moved to Ireland several years ago, but still use my Swiss Apple/iTunes Account because of all the Apps and Music attached to it.

I don't know why developers sometimes limit their apps to only one country. Does Apple charge more for a world wide release?

Cineworld did the same with their App... Ireland only. Couldn't install it. I have at least 2 friends with iPhones and they're using their iTunes account from their country. (USA & France)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

If an app is intended for use in only one region, why should it get an international store release? That just clutters those stores with irrelevant, useless apps (and God knows there are enough of those as it is) and makes the genuine useful ones harder to find.

I know if I was searching for this app I wouldn't want to have to wade through similar apps for the UK, Europe and every US city.

If an app is intended for use in only one region, why should it get an international store release?

The answer lies in my post above. Especially in Europe where people visit other countries a lot or even work there, you often find people with phones from other countries who are still using their iTunes account from their country and most won't just switch over to the new country since all the Music and Apps are attached to the account.

Just within my small friend circle, 5 people have an iPhone and 3 (including me) have foreign iTunes account.

Especially for a Taxi service app, who targets foreigners as well, the App should not be limited to the Irish App store only. Plus the App is alled iCabbi Ireland, so it wouldn't get mixed up in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

There's no way of contacting you on your website. A Contact Us link is essential on any website if it is to be considered reputable.

I tried booking a 7 seater taxi the other night. Get a confirmation straight away - Anthony is on the way! However, I watch him on the map and he's going further and further away from us.

Eventually, I get a confirmation message saying I've been dropped off and the fare was successful. I wasn't even in the taxi yet!

I ring Anthony and he explains that he's only a 4 seat taxi and couldn't take 7 people. A 7 seat order should not be assigned to a taxi that can only has 4 seats.

If your website had a feedback mechanism, I would have sent it through that

Is there any chance your app will ever be available for non Irish iTunes account? I would still love to try it out, but it's still restricted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement