Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Service offering all channels including all movies and all sports for one off fee

Options
  • 25-09-2010 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this is the wrong place fornthis thread. Mods feel free to move it if it is.

I came in from work this evening to find a leaflet offering all sky/ chorus channels incl all sports and all movies for a one off fee. The only stipulation being that you need a wireless Internet connection.

Has anyone got this or even heard of it? Sounds too good to be true.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Rob it is too good to be true.

Can you scan it and post it here (for amusement - feel free to take out the mobile no.).

It IS illegal. Stay away. Its called card sharing and if you get caught you will get a massive fine and end up in the klink.

No doubt a mobile number. They will drop that leaflet to the wrong house and get into serious trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Rob113

Knew there had to be a catch somewhere along the line. It will be the mid of nex week before I'm near a scanner. I've no problem putting it up though

Just black out the number. Do they mention a website.

I cant believe someone would be so stupid as to try offering this as a service!

What does the leaflet say exactly ?

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Rob113

No they don't mention any website. The leaflet word for word is as follows -

Sky or chorus/ ntl

Once off payment

All packages include all sports, all movies etc

You must have wireless broadband to receive these channels

Contact xxxx on xxxxxxxxxxx

Okay dont bother scanning it. He is just some local chancer. He will drop that into the wrong house probably to someone who fully understand what he is offering.

Just advise the neighbours that you care about to stay well away.

I must say I am intrigued as to what his once off fee would be!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

unbelievable! But then again this is Ireland, perhaps someone should report it to sky/chorus?

I know Sky have it coming to them now they have raised their prices to such a level that people will now consider going down this route to get their services, but that is unreal that someone will actually advertise that service!

PM me with that phone number and i'll text them to see what they offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭ISAA

A number of people now selling this in Donegal :

Dream box plus free all channels inc sports,film,sentanta,racing, plus others 800 euro once of fee.:mad:

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Rob113 wrote: »
    Apologies if this is the wrong place fornthis thread. Mods feel free to move it if it is.

I came in from work this evening to find a leaflet offering all sky/ chorus channels incl all sports and all movies for a one off fee. The only stipulation being that you need a wireless Internet connection.

Has anyone got this or even heard of it? Sounds too good to be true.

Its card sharing, it's illegal, and a waste of money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

STB wrote: »
    Can you scan it and post it here (for amusement - feel free to take out the mobile no.)..

Id imagine taking out the number (and all other contact details) is pretty essential as per forum rules ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Its illegal and you can't discuss it here.

Closed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dont bother scanning it, just take a pic of it on your phone if you can.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement