Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Gay Byrne Gay ?

Options
  • 24-09-2010 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

This is a genuine conspiracy theory. I know lots of gay folk, most are sound, I love them, no issue with homosexuality here, all's well.

I have heard from a few friends (in certain circles) that good old Gaybo Byrne is a homosexual.

The obvious conspiracy here is the cover-up of Gaybo's sexuality, the reasons for the cover-up and who's covering it up and the repercussions (if any) of something like this getting out into the Irish public.

If it is true and Gay is gay then it would seem there is a concerted effort and probably an expensive effort to keep it on the low-down.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭TalkieWalkie

For a few more thousand, I could also be hushed :p

If I'm not online tomorrow you will know Gay's guys got to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

lol love the thread :D
    is it not the down low?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

i've long suspected that gays a gay guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,153 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

No, he isn't gay. He's Bi!

After all, he never says "I'm gonna give one to all the guys"

He always says "I'll give one to EVERYONE in the audience ;) "

Stuffins this is one of those rare times you've made
    me laugh bud, fair fcking play haha :D

• Advertisement

digme wrote: »
    Stuffins this is one of those rare times you've made
    me laugh bud, fair fcking play haha :D

I have the odd moment when i'm not giving out like an Auld Wan over in the MMA forum :P

ya but you should of just ground impound
    whoever it was anyway like i fcking said lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

First the fake moon landings, now this. You guys:o.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

The clue is in his name :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

jd007 wrote: »
    The clue is in his name :pac:

Well thats the thing tho init, The word Gay Used to mean Happy in a more innocent manner, then all of a sudden it began to take on its modern Meaning, At around the same time the aforementioned individual began to appear on the telly:eek:

Anyway a word to the wise, Leave it, you'll only end up diggin around in the montrose archives, you might find Your Gaybo Smoking C*ckGUN, or you might not, but theres too much risk that you will find out the Sordid Truth about Arthur Murphy and why he left the BBC all those years ago for the Dizzying heights of Mail Bag ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

So despite the fact that he's been married since 1964 and has two kids, you still think he's gay? :o

Anyway, even if he was, keeping ones own sexuality to oneself isn't really a conspiracy, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

gizmo wrote: »
    So despite the fact that he's been married since 1964 and has two kids, you still think he's gay? :o

Would make him only the latest in that fine proud Irish tradition.

Would make him only the latest in that fine proud Irish tradition.
    Er what? :confused:

What other modern Irishmen have been married for over 40 years but have turned out to be gay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Both children adopted.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

So IF this were true (and you offer nothing in the way of evidence except a few of your "friends" gossip) then the "conspiracy" is that people respected someones else's privacy??

Seriously is this what the CS forum is about now?

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I've no idea about Gay Byrne, and I'm not commenting on that - I've never heard the slightest word about the man to the effect either, for the record - but there's gay men all over Ireland who stayed married for the kids' sake so I've no doubt whatsoever that there's some broadcasters in the same boat, particularly of an older generation.

I've no idea about Gay Byrne, and I'm not commenting on that - I've never heard the slightest word about the man to the effect either, for the record - but there's gay men all over Ireland who stayed married for the kids' sake so I've no doubt whatsoever that there's some broadcasters in the same boat, particularly of an older generation.
    Then it's not a conspiracy, it's the man making a personal choice for the good of his family.
    mikom wrote: »
    Both children adopted.
    And that has what to do with him being gay?

despite the fact that he's been married since 1964 and has two kids,

And that has what to do with him being straight?

Motion to have the CT Forum renamed to the Silly Rumour Starting/Feeding Forum!

mikom wrote: »
    And that has what to do with him being straight?
    If he was gay why would he choose to introduce kids into a loveless marriage?

If he only found out he was gay in later life or when it had become socially acceptable in this country, then his kids would be of an age where a separation wouldn't affect them as strongly as it would if they were younger. Therefore there would be nothing stopping him from coming out now.

At this point neither his separation nor his coming out would be harmful to his career. So there would be no reason not to do so if he were indeed gay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

There is a Celebrity and Showbiz forum for this sort of sh!te though I doubt they would want it either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Reopened to allow Talkie to put forward his theory, this thread might not have long to live though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭TalkieWalkie

Hmm, don't remember starting this thread, it's so funny though :D.

It is a legitimate conspiracy theory, the cover-up, that is. It is true that both kids are adopted.
    I don't think the reason for the cover-up is due to privacy issues etc, it's more about upsetting the old grannies of Ireland. Those good old church going, bingo playing folk couldn't handle finding out Gaybo was a homosexual. So it involves the nanny state hand feeding the public what they think the public can handle.
    Firstly every second priest they know of is a paedophile and now Gaybo is a homo, where does it end :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 steo2009

lol :D

You forgot to mention the Marijuana fueled orgies.
    "Roll it there collette" never sounded so good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

No conspiracy here. The Recliner got it right first time. Not sure why TalkieWalkie wanted it unlocked tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement