Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sky picture problem

Options
  • 24-09-2010 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

i just changed the lnb on my sky dish to a quad one as i wanted to use freesat as well managed to get in done but now theres slight interference on sky in the signal test screen the strength and quailty keeps moving up and down as i never changed an lnb before was wondering did i do somthing wrong ?.thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Has the LNB been skewed (Twisted)?? The connections where the cable goes into the LNB needs to be approx 7pm looking at it from behind and not pointing straight down.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭montgolfiere

also the extra weight of the quad lnb may well mean that the dish does also need a little 'fine tuning'
    The Skyman

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭pmcf

thanks guys i have the cable connections pointing straight down so ill try moving them.i didnt like to move the dish to much as its nearly fooked with rust rang sky there now see if they would give me another one but no joy they want a €100 for a new will have to see if i can find cheaper than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You can buy a nice solid one much better than Sky's soup strainer for 1/2 that!

Advertisement