Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What pubs did the best value on Arthurs day?

Options
  • 24-09-2010 9:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭

Well what was the best deal you saw in town?Alot seemed to only do deals till a certain time

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

my local had free guinness for the night for the locals.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

All night wow thats good how did they work that system?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Dolans supposedly did pretty well, as did the Still House, Bitter End was dead and O'Connells was pretty full throughout the night.

Dolans supposedly did pretty well, as did the Still House, Bitter End was dead and O'Connells was pretty full throughout the night.

4 euro a pint in dolans so i wonder what it is normally?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭sioda

Normally its four euros a pint. Jerry flannerys on catherine street was 2.50 all night

• Advertisement

Poor form out of Dolans considering its the tourist pub/main live pub in Limerick

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

bigpink wrote: »
    Well what was the best deal you saw in town?Alot seemed to only do deals till a certain time

What is your fixation with the time frame in which the special offer was ran?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Consider yourselves lucky there was any promotions given the state of business in Limerick these days and not to mention Guinness not bothering their arse to promote their own bloody event here until the last minute.

When I read some of the comments on boards I often wonder do people have any idea how bad things are for small business in Limerick? There are so many idiots with chips on their shoulder who automatically think that business owners are loaded with money and that every penny in the till goes straight into their pocket.

Just take a look at any of the auctioneers websites in Limerick. The entire business community in Limerick are trying to sell their premises.

The city is screwed yet there is always one moron saying - "Sure can't you knock down the price, give me a deal, there is a recession didn't ya know."

**** OFF :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

RonMexico wrote: »

The city is screwed yet there is always one moron saying - "Sure can't you knock down the price, give me a deal, there is a recession didn't ya know."

Prices got hiked up no end in the good times,and there wasn't a peek out of Limerick businesses then. Now they must come down, simple as.....
    Alcohol is over priced in Ireland. simple as....:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

bigpink wrote: »
    Poor form out of Dolans considering its the tourist pub/main live pub in Limerick

It was cheaper before 20.10.

Do you exist to complain?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Jmccoy1

The Imperial had pints of Guinness at €2.50 all day and night. A well as that a full spread of sandwiches and hot finger food was laid on.

Most pubs were not given any free kegs at all,a handful in Limerick who are in with there reps.My brother told me this only a few key accounts got stuff

Just saying what my brother told me,he had to ask the rep 4 times to even get a few posters and beermats for the day

What is product to use at discretion?

Your pub must have got stuff cause your pushing the guinness angle,just reps dont want to know about alot of pubs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

The Shannon Knights had a BOGOF all night, think it was €4 for a pint so cant complain at getting 2 for that price.

Advertisement