Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky instillation.

Options
  • 24-09-2010 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I my aunt has just moved into a different house. The previous owner left the sky boxes (Cancelled). Last week a sky rep knocked and asked did she want to sign up. She signed up and has just received the cards. They want €50 to install which is a good price. But it is already connected up. All she needs is the sky+ HD box for the sitting room, the mulit room is staying in the same room and the box is already there. So no instillation is required, will they just send her out the box if she asks them too or does she have to get the person out to put it in for her ? All of the needed wiring is already done!
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

dillo2k10 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I my aunt has just moved into a different house. The previous owner left the sky boxes (Cancelled). Last week a sky rep knocked and asked did she want to sign up. She signed up and has just received the cards. They want €50 to install which is a good price. But it is already connected up. All she needs is the sky+ HD box for the sitting room, the mulit room is staying in the same room and the box is already there. So no instillation is required, will they just send her out the box if she asks them too or does she have to get the person out to put it in for her ? All of the needed wiring is already done!
    Thanks

Your Aunt is entitled to 2 new boxes and a new dish with Quad lnb. The Equipment she has already the dish and Previous owners Sky boxes will not be under warranty if used with those new cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

Well she certainly doesnt want a new dish put up. There is already one there. It would make the house look horrible having another dish on it. It would also mean more holes in her house.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭12 element

They would put the new dish in the same place as the old one. (take it down)

Advertisement