Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky plus app on android

Options
  • 24-09-2010 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, just thinking, I have manually tuned in ch5 on my sky box and can access it via services, other channels, and its there, can watch it etc, but can't record.

On sky app for android, if you change your region to the north, channel 5 appears on the sky plus app, and it allows me to select a program to be recorded, will these programs be recorded when I get home, or am I set for disappointment?

Anyone tried this yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

Never tried it but I would guess you in for a disappointment.

As far a I know there is no way of recording the "Other Channels". Stoopid I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Think i'll give it a go despite knowing what the result will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stwome01

I actually tried this on a Nokia Symbian S60V5 phone yesterday. Sorry to say it didn't work for me. If you have access to the sky box you can record this channel by following the instructions in http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055800676&highlight=recording+channels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

stwome01 wrote: »
    I actually tried this on a Nokia Symbian S60V5 phone yesterday. Sorry to say it didn't work for me. If you have access to the sky box you can record this channel by following the instructions in http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055800676&highlight=recording+channels

Tried as instructed, five showing up on planner, fingers crossed dude!

Doesn't work folks!

'failed' appears where I should have my program recorded.

Grrrrr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Gucky wrote: »
    Doesn't work folks!

'failed' appears where I should have my program recorded.

Grrrrr

Yep,same here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Bugzy

sorry if it didnt work but it works great here :) actually my favorite app :) cause when im out and about i just check whats on telly and press record :) did ya register/login on sky website and set location to ireland

Bugzy wrote: »
    sorry if it didnt work but it works great here :) actually my favorite app :) cause when im out and about i just check whats on telly and press record :) did ya register/login on sky website and set location to ireland

Yeah Bugzy, it works fine for me too, just doesn't work on channels which we do not get in Ireland but have manually tuned in, eg ch 5, utv etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Bugzy

meh never watch them anyway :) too awkward to go through the menus to go through each of them channels :)

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭seklly

Works fine for me as well. Very handy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stwome01

Sorry to hear it didn't work. I tried the live recording on the sky+ box at home which was fine. I never tried the delay recording. I must give it ago at some stage. It's a pity the ITV channels are not on the Irish sky epg.

Advertisement