Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The end is nigh

Options
  • 24-09-2010 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭

I've thought quite a bit about how to approach this topic.

I thought about not posting it at all, but I don't think the spirit of this forum is about keeping silent.
    I thought about making a joke of it...but jokes can go horribly wrong, and I was never so good at humour.
    I thought about writing something long and sentimental, but I do sentimentality worse then I do humour.
    I thought about writing something inspirational, but that's not my forte either.

Instead, I'll just stick to the facts.

I am stepping down as moderator of this forum.
    I leave you with three great mods, who I have every faith in.

I hope I leave the forum in as good a condition as I found it. My apologies if you feel otherwise...but you can take solace in the fact that I will no longer make it any worse :)

It has been fun.

These are the facts. Feel free to speculate.

And finally, I would like to share some advice that a work colleague recently gave me:

There's only two rules you need to follow in life:

1) Never disclose everything you know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,338 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Sorry to see you go Bonkey. Hope you'll stick round as you often took part in great discussions and presented good information etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Your logic and reason will be sorely missed. I hope you'll still post though.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

You did a very good job moderating a very difficult forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭TalkieWalkie

Cheers Bonkster.

Shame Mysterious isn't around to see this :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

RoboClam wrote: »
    You did a very good job moderating a very difficult forumBATTLEFIELD.

I would say it's harder than AH at times! So many characters ,so many people for and against! All have brilliant arguments ,and it's these people that make it what it is!

Good luck Bonkey:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

I thought you did a fairly good job as mod around here, hope ya have a great life bud, take it easy, and be good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

you have been a a good mod...
    very fair and reasonable...

all the best.. and hope you will still frequent these areas... you had a lot of good insight into things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Always found you fair and even handed.Wouldnt mod this forum for love or money*.

Belated congrats to yekahs.Wasnt gonna post in that car crash of thread welcoming you!!

*maybe for money ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    Always found you fair and even handed.Wouldnt mod this forum for love or money*.

Belated congrats to yekahs.Wasnt gonna post in that car crash of thread welcoming you!!

+1

Me neither!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Just to echo what everyone else said.. you were always a balanced mod in what is a typically unbalanced forum. Sorry to see you step down

Goodnight Sweet Prince

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

As a lurker I can safely say you kept the forum a better place. Thanks for all the hard work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

Think you did a great job Mod'in the forum Bonkey best of luck:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭TalkieWalkie

As a lurker I can safely say you kept the forum a better place. Thanks for all the hard work.

Booooo lurker !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

The end is nigh

Sh*t I tought you had a scoop on 2012 :D

good luck for the future

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

was alle anderen gesagt. Sie haben schon immer mehr als fair mit mir. Und ich habe noch nie jemanden im Leben oder online traf sich mit der Fähigkeit, fühle ich mich so dumm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

enno99 wrote: »
    The end is nigh

Sh*t I tought you had a scoop on 2012 :D

good luck for the future

I thought the same, and when I seen Bonkey had started the thread it was a real "WTF" moment. :D

Anyway, thanks for all the work you put in here Bonkey. Much appreciated. :)
    was alle anderen gesagt. Sie haben schon immer mehr als fair mit mir. Und ich habe noch nie jemanden im Leben oder online traf sich mit der Fähigkeit, fühle ich mich so dumm.

מאוד תגובה נחמדה, BB. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Have a good time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

Dam it I always knew he was a nazi :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

meglome wrote: »
    Your logic and reason will be sorely missed. I hope you'll still post though.

Oh and one last thing... you've given me more infractions that anyone on boards.ie but have to say they were all fully deserved. So that fairness and balance will be missed too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Booooo lurker !!!
    Sorry I'll start posting more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

oops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

Great to see ya go bonkey . :D

Now , before you go , could you tell us some of what you know .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

well it sems official, his name is no longer listed as a Mod of the Forum.

Sad to see ya go mate, but I presume you will keep posting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

The end is nigh

Seen as bonkey did such a great job here why don't we chip together and buy him some apocalypse friendly real estate, let him be pampered through armageddon with his very own (co ownership) place in a Vivos Vault.
    It will only cost $50,000 and I'd like to show my appreciation for his fine contribution by volunteering myself as fundraiser/accountant/safe-keeper to this wonderful show of admiration by fellow CT posters, when the sum has been raised I will forward it all towards Bonkeys reservation.
    We'll all feel so much better knowing Bonkeys probably sipping a martini in the cinema as we're being burned to ashes or washed away by a giant tsunami.

memberinvite.jpg

Each unit accomodates 172-200 people, building work will begin on the network just as soon as it gets enough co owners, so we really should be getting down to the nitty gritty now.

vivos-survival-shelter-7.jpg

Just pick whatever location suits you best Bonkey, they only have one shelter built already, actually its built since the 50's and looks a bit grubby and small at the moment, but come doomsday it will be become a palace of funk and whimsy.
    vivossitemapsmall.jpgvivossitemapeuropesm.jpg
    The central theme to all end-of-the-world scenarios is to find shelter underground. The soil of the Earth itself can provide the best shelter for most catastrophes including a pole shift, super volcano eruptions, solar flares, earthquakes, tsunamis, and asteroids, as well as potential for many more manmade devastations such as nuclear bombs, bio terrorism, chemical warfare, and even the return of Planet X (known as Niburu or Nemesis) and the solar disturbances it will cause.

The Vivos complexes will be deep underground, airtight, fully self-contained shelters designed to survive virtually any catastrophe, or threat scenario including natural disasters, a nuclear blast, chemical and biological weapons, or even social anarchy. Each self contained shelter complex will comfortably accommodate a community of 172 - 200 people, in spacious quarters, for up to 1 year of autonomous survival to ride out the potential events. Every detail has been considered and planned for. Members need to only arrive before the facility is sealed and secured.

Download your very own doomsday clock

nuclearattack.jpg

http://www.terravivos.com/secure/secureindex.htm

http://www.terravivos.com/
    Millions of people believe that we are living in the “end times”. Many are looking for a viable solution to survive potential future Earth devastating events. Eventually, our planet will realize another devastating catastrophe, whether manmade, or a cyclical force of nature. Disasters are rare and unexpected, but on any sort of long timeline, they're inevitable. It's time to prepare!

The accepted solution to most of the threat scenarios is to find underground shelter. The soil of the Earth itself can provide the best shelter for most catastrophes, including a pole shift, super volcano eruptions, solar flares, earthquakes, asteroids, tsunamis, nuclear attack, bio terrorism, chemical warfare and even widespread social anarchy. The governments of the world have been busy building vast underground shelter complexes for the elite. What do they know? The rest of us are on our own, without a long-term survival solution. Watch this video.

Vivos is a privately funded venture, with no religious affiliations, building a global network of underground shelters, to accommodate thousands of people. Vivos will provide a life assurance solution for those that wish to be prepared to survive these potential events, whether they occur now, in 2012, or in decades to come. Co-ownan equity share of the Vivos shelter closest to your home area.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Well, I suppoe I could throw 2c into the Kitty ;):D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

By the title I thought this was going to be an exciting thread.

But thanks for the memories bonkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Sorry to see you go Bonkey.

Like some of the others said, it would be nice to see you contribute from time to time.

So nice to see you gone bonkey . :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

espinolman wrote: »
    Great to see ya go bonkey . :D

Now , before you go , could you tell us some of what you know .
    So nice to see you gone bonkey . biggrin.gif

obviously didnt get the response he was looking for with the first post so said it again:)

• Advertisement

What , are we all supposed to come on here and say "so sorry to see you go bonkey "

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement