Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

...I did it my way!

Options
  • 24-09-2010 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭

There's only one thing I want to add to this forum.

The only way to quit smoking and rid yourself of addiction is to not listen to what the books and guidelines tell you, use them at the very beginning for the basic information like the benefits of quitting etc.

Remember that everyone is different, and if you go into your program with someone else's perception of what it's like you'll end up alienated, confused and ultimately back on the fag's.

Don't start to quit without thinking it through. Don't leave yourself vulnerable around smokers, always have an exit plan from the room or company - don't lie to yourself, it's not easy, you will be vulnerable at the start, think it through as the first week is when you'll be at your most vulnerable.

Don't lie to yourself, you either want to quit or don't want too...there is no middle ground.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

fair play to you.........

Don't lie to yourself, you either want to quit or don't want too...there is no middle ground
    :eek:probably what i needed to hear....... im kinda angry with myself as ive done all the talking about giving up yet am still smoking...i effing hate smoking yet still smoke.......:mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭CSU

fair play to you.........

Don't lie to yourself, you either want to quit or don't want too...there is no middle ground
    :eek:probably what i needed to hear....... im kinda angry with myself as ive done all the talking about giving up yet am still smoking...i effing hate smoking yet still smoke.......:mad::(

...there's no need to be angry at yourself as you obviously don't want to quit.

I enjoyed smoking, and for the best part of ten years I could tell you more reasons why I should smoke than shouldn't...I liked it, I liked the taste, the belonging to another culture, the smoking rooms in pub's...it's really no reason to hate oneself.

You'll know when the time is right to make the decision to stop and don't feel pressured into it.

To be honest, after the first seven day's everyone knew about me quitting mainly because I was throwing myself and temper around like a five year old girl. I was reading different guidelines designed to calm people down and reassure them that they're getting there and everything will be fine as long as you keep doing X,Y & Z, or keep buying into our product, but not one of these people assured me that I HAD ALREADY QUIT and that was it. Over!

For me it took roughly ten day's for the chemical madness to subside, now I feel like there's RED-BULL coursing through my veins:cool:

Advertisement