Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BUFFET MASTER!!

Options
  • 24-09-2010 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

Haven't tried it yet but i'd say its amazing its got ****in mortal kombat logos all over it so it has to be good
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,022 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

popzmaster wrote: »
    Haven't tried it yet but i'd say its amazing its got ****in mortal kombat logos all over it so it has to be good

It's not bad - quite nice - all chinese restaurants are very homogenous nowadays and Bray doesn't particularly need another Chinese Takeaway with plastic seats. Mortal Kombat - what has that got to do with anything? It doesn't make the food amazing

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

Johnnymcg wrote: »
    It's not bad - quite nice - all chinese restaurants are very homogenous nowadays and Bray doesn't particularly need another Chinese Takeaway with plastic seats. Mortal Kombat - what has that got to do with anything? It doesn't make the food amazing

anything with a Mortal Kombat logo attached to it is amazing !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭popzmaster

vasch_ro wrote: »
    anything with a Mortal Kombat logo attached to it is amazing !!!!

Yes quite obviously!!!! We'll just have to ignore the killjoys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,437 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Even though I live in Bray I haven't a clue what anyone here is talking about ... care to enlighten me?

A new all you can eat chinese buffet just opened where the emporium used to be

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Food is ok usual Chinese buffet a bit cold as the Buffet is right beside the door.

A new all you can eat chinese buffet opposite the Royal Hotel

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭danois

any one know how much it is??

Yea its €8.80 until 5pm and then €10.80 after. Theres a kids price as well but the policy on what they define as kids is sorta shaky, they have to be under 1M 20cm apparently think the price is around 6 dollar

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

popzmaster wrote: »
    Yea its €8.80 until 5pm and then €10.80 after. Theres a kids price as well but the policy on what they define as kids is sorta shaky, they have to be under 1M 20cm apparently think the price is around 6 dollar

I found that very odd too?! its a Buffet not Disneyland :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Conan The Contrarian

Closure orders for food businesses
    Enforcement orders were served on five businesses last month for breaches of food safety legislation. The Food Safety Authority of Ireland (FSAI) said these included four closure orders served on Nour Foods butcher, 11 Abbey Street, Ballyhaunis, Co Mayo; QW Legend Ltd, trading as Buffet Master, 113 Main Street, Bray, Co Wicklow; Ned’s Fast Food Takeaway, Rosenallis, Co Laois; and Zam Zam 1 butcher, Unit 4, Cookstown Enterprise Park, Dublin 24.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/1005/breaking29.html

It was still open today but its only a matter of time. They should re-open tho that orchard something chinese in Greystones got served with the same thing a few months back and they are open again. PLus with the amount of money they spent gettin the place ready I dont think there gonna let it die.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

Closure orders for food businesses
    Enforcement orders were served on five businesses last month for breaches of food safety legislation. The Food Safety Authority of Ireland (FSAI) said these included four closure orders served on Nour Foods butcher, 11 Abbey Street, Ballyhaunis, Co Mayo; QW Legend Ltd, trading as Buffet Master, 113 Main Street, Bray, Co Wicklow; Ned’s Fast Food Takeaway, Rosenallis, Co Laois; and Zam Zam 1 butcher, Unit 4, Cookstown Enterprise Park, Dublin 24.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/1005/breaking29.html

FFS They are only opened a couple of weeks.:eek: I passed it the other day and no one was inside but two of the staff were outside smoking, that put me off.

Antrim_Man wrote: »
    FFS They are only opened a couple of weeks.:eek: I passed it the other day and no one was inside but two of the staff were outside smoking, that put me off.
    an enforcement order is not a closure order, bad reporting there as it's very unclear

Terry Pratchet

Johnnymcg wrote: »
    an enforcement order is not a closure order, bad reporting there as it's very unclear

Aye, just past the doors a half hour ago and they are still open and still empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Tippex

Antrim_Man wrote: »
    Aye, just past the doors a half hour ago and they are still open and still empty.

I've passed this a few times and only ever seen one person sitting down eating.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,437 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Tippex wrote: »
    I've passed this a few times and only ever seen one person sitting down eating.
    I'm not surprised ... Chinese food (or any food for that matter) kept warm for hours on end on a buffet isn't my idea of food heaven :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭mano bano

i was there on wed night and the food was good. the place filling up when i was leaving. and the place was very clean i have only heard good things about this place

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 141 ✭✭en.r4cart

Food is ok usual Chinese buffet a bit cold as the Buffet is right beside the door.

The food firstly come to eye is much better, I think. Otherwise customer may leave in seconds.

The dessert is colder :D

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Zebbedee

I've eaten there a few times and gotten takeaways several times
    and would be happy to recommend it.

• Advertisement

Surprise surprise this place is closed. It will now be Tony's Asian Buffet. The building has been gutted so I hope "Tony" gets the lay out right. I wonder is this the same Tony that has the Asian supermarket down Albert Walk?

The very same...he owned the fruit and veg shop beside Ideal Stores on the Meath road as well but that closed down I think

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭briano.de.rhino

If only they'd serve authentic dishes...Id eat out a lot more.Currently when I get a takeaway I still get my old classic 4-in-1.

Even when I hit up' M and L Szechuan cuisine' just off OConnell st. in town I cant get real Szechuan food. Only if my wife is with me to speak Chinese.

The amount of times I have asked restaurants for a 'real' menu....you know....'the Chinese one'? and the staff look at me like im a fool and say "this IS the only menu sir"......so I just stick to the 4 in 1 and get the real stuff at home.

Best Chinese in Bray for a Chinese menu is China Kitchen.They have the Chinese Menu printed at the counter(with subtitles too!) The pigs intestine is quite nice as is the duck and aubergine.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Muas Tenek

Best Chinese in Bray for a Chinese menu is China Kitchen.They have the Chinese Menu printed at the counter(with subtitles too!) The pigs intestine is quite nice as is the duck and aubergine.
    I dare to argue with you sir, I believe Benny's restaurant (beside Superquinn) have a very authentic Chinese cuisine. Possibly the best outside of China itself.

Right you are-went there for a Chinese Wedding and the food was savage. plates of lobster and tiger prawns and pork belly and ...u get the picture.

though since it changed owner to 'bENNYS' an Irish family I know got a couple bad meals in a row and shun it now.they used to swear by Andrews though.

99% of Chinese rest. are serving Cantonese style cuisine which is sweet and gloopy sauces. The kung po sauce is basically a gloopy sweet and sour as is the bbq sauce as is the plum or orange sauce.its like the same sauce base with a very slight twist.thats what makes me feel bloated and puts me off takeaways in this country I guess.

I cant complain, I eat 4-in-1 haha.

Thats the one I have settled with, but you have to get them on a good day. My favourite is hot and sour soup and its rarely the same, some days superb other days tasteless.

prolly different chefs?

I find hot and sour soup to be real hit and miss sometimes, Lams in Greystones done a nice one and I kinda got into it, then I had some in Ten Thousand Buffet on Abbey St and I felt sick afterwards it was manky.

Advertisement