Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry ryan

Options
  • 24-09-2010 1:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭

People here were very very nasty about him when he was alive, i remember all the names people called him a fat ****, a fat ugly slug, a pervert, a wanker, a fat waste of space, fatman ugly fat man, fat ugly man. Do you feel bad now for being so nasty and mean to such a wonderful broadcaster?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭who what when

Have to say i thought he was all those things when he was alive (still do in fact) but never really voiced my opinion. Kinda glad i didnt now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

Denzil2222 wrote: »
    i remember all the names people called him a fat ****, a fat ugly slug, a pervert, a wanker, a fat waste of space, fatman ugly fat man, fat ugly man.

You wouldn't be to allowed to call a radio presenter any of the above on this forum. I remember the thread you're referring to, but imo a lot of the criticism of him on it was valid. Some of it was over the top, but thats the nature of the internet and is something most people in the public eye are prone to - not just Gerry Ryan.

I was a fan of his in the early years of The Gerry Ryan Show, but wasn't by the end. Whether he was, in fact, a wonderful broadcaster is a matter of opinion. Although, he had far more talent than his replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

i remember all the names people called him

You ommited "over payed" in your list.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

Absolutely not,never liked the man.
    What is really getting on my nerves,is when they refer to him or his family as tragic,why, because he died at a relatively young age??
    My dad died when I was 10,my eldest brother died in a car crash when I was 23,my mam died when I was 29,so what does that make me,I'll tell you,it makes me nothing,these things happen,it's called life,you just have to get on with it.

Although maybe my story istragic,none of them worked for RTE,so I have to make my own way life,ah well,never mind !!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Dub Ste wrote: »
    My dad died when I was 10,my eldest brother died in a car crash when I was 23,my mam died when I was 29,so what does that make me,I'll tell you,it makes me nothing,these things happen,it's called life,you just have to get on with it.

Good post and points.

*sorry to have read that also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

People here were very very nasty about him when he was alive, i remember all the names people called him a fat ****, a fat ugly slug, a pervert, a wanker, a fat waste of space, fatman ugly fat man, fat ugly man. Do you feel bad now for being so nasty and mean to such a wonderful broadcaster?

Er, hang on. You're saying that one can't have a negative view of someone because, one day, they will die? Everybody dies you know.

P.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I'm sorry he's dead.

But the answer is no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

If your point is that all the people here are two faced, and now crying crocodile tears now that he's gone, then you are wrong about me anyway.. I have the same opinion of him now as I did when he was alive... He had his good and his bad.

Though I think people may look back on his show with rose tinted glasses, given how bad Tubridy is..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Denzil2222

If you didnt like his style of broadcasting thats fine but why did ye have to bring his weight and looks into it? The words fat and ugly caused him alot of stress

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

Have to say i thought he was all those things when he was alive (still do in fact) but never really voiced my opinion. Kinda glad i didnt now
    My exact thoughts.
    Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    You ommited "over payed" in your list.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Totally and majorly(if that's a word) overpaid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 edwardhitler

The guy made my elderly mother smile every morning! Was he a good broadcaster? He was amazing in my opinion and he is still missed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

If you didnt like his style of broadcasting thats fine but why did ye have to bring his weight and looks into it? The words fat and ugly caused him alot of stress

I imagine the condition of being fat is far more unhealthy than being called fat.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Craven99

Personally I always enjoyed his shows. I don't care what he looked like or was like outside of the time I spent listening to him on the radio

One of those people I never liked, the few times I heard his show it was nothign but vile toilet humour and innuendo without the slightest hint of wit or originality. I'm sure his death was a tragedy for his family but for the rest of us it was a blessing in disguise or it could have been had they hired a competant replacement who could bring some light entertainment and debate to the slot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I didn't like him when he was alive. I did not wish for anything bad to happen to him so I don't feel bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Tonmac

if he was so worried about being called fat,why did he not bother to lose some weight. he was on a operation tranformation and the all looked smaller than him at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Tecsun

RTE were underpaying gerry, They should have been paying him 600k per month not per year.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Thread locked, no need to drag this back up, the man has passed away, enough is enough

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement