Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Physics book?

Options
  • 23-09-2010 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

I'm going to an all-Irish school so do Physics through Irish, unfortunately my Physics teacher has very bad Irish and his notes are basically just a translation of the book.

I want to start making my own notes by using the syllabus, a book and translating actual notes and not the whole book.

I've been told my current book 'Real World Physics' by Dan O'Regan is bad for leaving stuff out and putting waffle in, can anyone recommend a good book I could use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Download the syllabus document, Use the book as reference.

http://physics.slss.ie/syllabus.html

• Registered Users Posts: 17 jomama

None of the books onthe market at the moment are outstanding.
    I can highly recommend the following website
    www.thephysicsteacher.ie

It is compiled by a physics teacher and matches the irish syllabus exactly. He goes by Real World physics chapters and has condensed the whole syllabus into chapter by chapter word documents. It is unbelievable.

Go to site, select LC Physics link, then scroll down to chapter of yr choice. His "WORD" links are all of his notes compiled into a word doc, as well as exam questions AND ANSWERS.

They are exactly what is required for Leaving Cert course.
    They are in English, but I presume you can translate for yrself.

Advertisement