Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice place for lunch on Saturday

Options
  • 23-09-2010 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    I have my granny visiting on Saturday for lunch. Usually I take her to the George hotel bar for lunch as they have a varied menu that suits her and me.She likes nice plain Irish food(steak, salmon, roast beef, with veg and spuds)- Could someone recommend somewhere else in town that would suit?? No carverys please!and not too pricey either!!

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭joanofarc

texas steakhouse, bt's upstairs, delish , cornstore thomas st! avg price good food!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

If it still does the same food because it changed name and possibly hands then try "The Cellar" on O'Connel Street.

That's my plain Irish food suggestion. God, I hate plain Irish food. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 45 maggot12345

why not Finnigans on the Dublin road outside Limerick--they usually have a nice roast of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Dolans do a nice lunch, not too expensive.

Bobby byrnes o'connell ave.

Chocolate what ever is on special is always good value, not sure if its irish enough though.

Locke is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,083 ✭✭✭✭phog

I haven't there in a while but The Strand hotel so a great buffet, usually, greeted with a champange reception. All for about €25 for a four course meal.

Edit: I re-read the title and have only now seen it's Saturday lunch, for some reason I originally read it as Sunday lunch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭cutymonalisa

The Ardhu Bar next to the old Ryan hotel on the Ennis Rd does a smashing carvery - consistently yum and HUGE portions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

Au Bars do a great lunch also.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Millie wrote: »
    Au Bars do a great lunch also.

Not exactly plain Irish food though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭black & white

O'Connors on Thomas Street ?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,083 ✭✭✭✭phog

O'Connors on Thomas Street ?

Is this where they charge for a top up tea or coffee, no thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭kenoconnell

phog wrote: »
    Is this where they charge for a top up tea or coffee, no thank you.

I'm glad somebody else feels the same about this........ so so leaves a bad taste in the mouth in many places when you ask for a refill or top up and your charged for it.....

Coffee avaerage cost is 16cent, tea bag 3 cent.... they've already covered costs on first one... if anyone tells you an different there tellin u porkies or their over payin for it.

Rgds - The anti pay for refill society!!!

Advertisement