Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault dealer on footpath

Options
  • 23-09-2010 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

Hi all,

I live in a block of apartments beside a renault dealership. We have an underground carpark with a slip road that leads up to the footpath at the front of the apartment block.

As you come up the slip road, the renault dealership has parked an old white van entirley on the footpath on your left hand side. They are using it as a advertising sign for people driving past. However, when we drive out of our apartment, it blocks our view of the traffic coming from the left completely. We have to pull out onto the road to see whats coming from the left. It's dangerous - and someone coming out of the apartments almost hit a cyclist coming from the left (albeit the cyclist was on the footpath!)

Their forecourt is beside the footpath, but the van is so far out that it's not actually on their forecourt anymore!

I asked a young guy in there today to sort it out. He didn't seem to know much about it, but he said he'd move it back. However, I have a feeling that it will be back out on the footpath in a couple of days.

I'm fairly sure it should be off the footpath completely. If I keep asking them about it, and they keep moving it out, what are my options? Call clampers? Call the guards? Call Bill Cullen???

Thanks for any advice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

The first thing Id do is go into the dealership, ask to speak to the manager, explain the situation and your concerns, and see if he rectifies it. If not then look to take further action. No point in speaking to some young lad on the forecourt; talk the manager about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

I wouldn't approach them myself. I'd get on to the local litter warden, he'll soon sort them out.

I wouldn't approach them myself. I'd get on to the local litter warden, he'll soon sort them out.

Why not? I hate that about people nowadays; instead of talking to the person who you have a problem with youll run to someone else and get them to do it. My neighbour yesterday rang the management company of our apartment building to compain that she (wrongly) thought I had parked in her parking space. Really pissed me off; why couldnt she have just knocked on my door first rather than running above my head to the management company who in turn rang my landlord who then had to ring me?

Sorry, rant over... :pac:

Not everyone's as reasonable as you to approach. That's why I use people who's job it is to sort out these disputes. Bitten too many times trying to be reasonable myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

talk to the manager, he probably didnt even no it was in the way! be nice about it though and just ask can they parrk it somwhere else

• Advertisement

Not everyone's as reasonable as you to approach. That's why I use people who's job it is to sort out these disputes. Bitten too many times trying to be reasonable myself.
    manager of a renault delership will be approachable, if he wasn't he wouldnt have the job. common sense man seriously

PS. gettin a litter warden is petty and will make you look like a plank

The Dealership parked it there deliberately in the first place. Not the actions of a considerate neighbour imho. Anyway, the guy asked for advice, I gave mine, an approach that has worked for me before when all else failed.

The Dealership parked it there deliberately in the first place. Not the actions of a considerate neighbour imho. Anyway, the guy asked for advice, I gave mine, an approach that has worked for me before when all else failed.
    I park a row of cars beside a road ouside our garage just off the fourcourt of the petrol station, one day i unknowingly parked the first car too close to the road and some people couldnt see properly, one guy came in and said it to me and hey presto problem solved without the use of a litter warden!

I take your point as a last resort yeah but not straight off the bat

When all else fails. Common decency would suggest that people try and sort out their differences between themselves before they go running to a third party for help (in the case of this kind of thing anyway). The guy runs a Renault garage; hes hardly going to take a swing at someone who asks him to move his van, he has the reputation of his dealership to think about.

Ok, OP approach the Manager of the Dealership if you feel comfortable doing that. Tell him your concerns that you've already expressed to the lad on the forecourt.

If they don't comply, don't bother with the Guards, Clampers, Bill Cullen or Jackie Lavan, the litter warden is your man!

Edit: Sorry guys, it sounded to me like the op was at the end of his tether.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I'd get on to the local litter warden, he'll soon sort them out.

Dunno if you intended it as a joke but I thought it was funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It's illegal to park on the footpath. Contact Dublin City Council parking division.

dudara wrote: »
    It's illegal to park on the footpath. Contact Dublin City Council parking division.
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Heehee, getting onto the litter warden about Renaults.... very apt.

dudara wrote: »

So they can clamp the van and cause the OP and their neighbours further disruption?

djimi wrote: »
    So they can clamp the van and cause the OP and their neighbours further disruption?
    Hey its what their good at:p

Advertisement