Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Networking Dublin

Options
  • 23-09-2010 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Interconnected Ireland - new networking group.

I am the managing director for Enhance.ie a web development and design agency and as a member of a number of professional organisations I think there is a real need to establish a networking group for business in Ireland.
    We as an industry need to find more imaginative ways of doing business and believe this is a great step in the right direction.

I have set up a netowrking group on facebook http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=100001624064735

With the view to establishing evening events once a month in a central Dublin location/hotel with the full theme of business to business networking. We will look at Irish regional locations if the demand is big enough.

This is not for students, or people looking for jobs – each member must be a decision maker within a business to be invited and will only be invitied to join on this basis.

This is a what's in it for me" kind of night - where everyone is encouraged from the off, to swap cards and speed date your own company's profile - some people will have an opportunity to speak from the central stage - However this is not and will not be a training seminar. Members will be asked to pay a small nominal fee just to cover expenses i.e. room hire and tea and coffee’s etc and some communication costs –

Fundamentally this group, will be non profit driven - and the key area is for us all to get together and share each other’s experience and see if we can help one another. My view is everyone knows at least 10 other businesses that would come on board. So send this to everyone in business you know and get them to sign up to this facebook page.

Hope to see you at the next one - planned for November 2010 – details TBA. We need at least 50 members to make this work so get the finger out!! . Email phil@enhance.ie or linked in http://ie.linkedin.com/in/philipgaynor

Send a friend request to http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=100001624064735

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Samuel001

Good work man, you have taken the correct step and moving in right direction. Social media sites have really grown into a very strong platform for business people to advertise and market their business. They are seeing great results from it, but I would suggest you to be little careful and use good marketing strategy to advertise your businesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Phil Gaynor

Cheers.

The intention in this case is not to use social media for my business in the true sense - trust me, we provide this service to a number of large clients and consult on the best ways of utilising social media. My article was literally a knee-jerk reaction to the market and how collectively SME's may be able to work together in a more concise way, particularly in these times. To try and grow a group of business people who have a genuine desire to do business both selling and purchasing - We have over 30 members now but would like to see this as 100+ we'll get there though . Sarah Newman from Irish Dragon's Den has joined up and is an ex. colleague of mine - so we are attracting powerful members.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭YouProduce

Hi,

Fair play to you for having the initiative to what many people have been thinking about. I myself am a recent graduate/aspiring entrepreneur and am in the process of setting up a business and searching for a partner with a background in IT/programming.

I consider it an endictment on our third-level institutions and county enterprise boards that I've not been able to network with other unemployed young people, graduates or intelligent school-leavers. Our education system is geared almost entirely towards employment, and only through the freedom of unemployment have I started to seriously consider the possibility of striking out on my own. This latent disposition was never encouraged in school or university. As young people are commonly considered to be the most vulnerable in terms of the long-term impacts of unemployment, I personally consider it to be a particularly pertinant issue. Have you any advice on networking for a young entrepreneur?

To join in your meetings, do you have to have an established business? I may have little or no experiences to share with your other participants, but I'd like the opportunity to take in the experiences of as many people as I can.

Again, fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

FYI. Have been to some very well run BNI meetings and the ethos would seem to be broadly similar. Plus, I know first hand that the BNI system is a proven method of generating significant new business. No connection to BNI incidently. Just not a 'reinvent the wheel' kinda guy ;)

Advertisement