Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I now understand sexism

Options
  • 23-09-2010 6:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

I recently moved to Germany and am looking for a place to stay. I came across a site that does the searching for me at commission, anyway I e-mailed them off saying the general blurb, and that I'm looking for a job in the airport. here's the full e-mail response copy pasta-ed

Dear Mr.*****

What I would like to know is what you are going to do in Düsseldorf, because the landlords/landladies want to know that. If I ask them for an appointment they will ask me some things about you and your plans. For payment guarantee of our commission we need a valid credit card from you.

Hello Mrs. *****,

I just noticed that Ciaran seems to be a female name. Sorry.

Did you see that the object 44297 is available from the 15th of October first and the 47739 from 1st of November?

(this is where it gets good)

Hello again Mrs. *****,

I have checked for other offers. Unfortunately we don't have many offers in the centre of Düsseldorf available anymore. So I checked for offers that have good connections to the airport where you husband will need to go/work, I guess. Maybe there is something that you like very much.

Best regards
    Christin

Mrs. Christin Ohl

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

You were trying to imitate your own husband? I thought you were female.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Are you a terrorist?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Obviously the Germans think your a bit of a girl.

You sound like a girl in your post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭TitoPuente

The wet cheque, the German sausage... all we need now is a video camera. "Yah! Das ist gud Mrs Ciaran"

Advertisement