Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College of Naturopathic Medicine

Options
  • 22-09-2010 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Heya, I'm just wondering has anyone had any experience with the College of Naturopathic Medicine? They have a course starting soon that I am interested in but I'm just not sure about the organisation. Their courses only seem to be recognised in England..... It's just that their asking for €4,000 plus for the year for a three year part-time course and at the end it's equivalent to a diploma. I have a degree already and I remember paying €3,500 a year for that and that was full-time. But that was in 2006. My degree is recognised world wide but I'm not sure about this group? I'm majorly interested in nutrition but not sure how to go about studying the subject in Ireland.:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 KenmareGirl

Hiya,

Im also interested in the naturopathic nutrition course...but yeah it seems that it isnt really recognised and it's too expensive to risk that! Im wondering if you found any more info on this? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

It is not in any way recognized by any reputable or respected organisations either here or in England (naturopathy isn't considered a health science or serious discipline by 99.9% of health professionals or professional organisations as it isn't evidence/science based), but if it is something you are interested in out of your own interest then I wouldn't worry too much about that, but really don't expect anyone to take it seriously on your CV. I've studied this stuff for years myself out of my own interest, there's nothing to it that can't be learnt from books. Try healing with wholefoods by Paul Pitchford as a starting point and save yourself a couple of grand while your at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AshlingMG

Hi ya. Did you do anything about this? In similiar situation myself and looking at the course you mentioned or a similiar one being run by the Institute of Health Sciences.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Graftgirl

Go with the Institute of Health science. At least they give ITEC exams throughout, they give you a certificate of some kind every year, ie Certs in Dietary coaching, ITEC in Anatomy and physiology.. Their nutrition Diploma has a better layout...CNM are are linked strongly to scientology...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭qweeva

I did this course as far as the diploma level.

http://courses.tvu.ac.uk/CourseDetails.aspx?CourseInstanceID=30164&SearchType=adv&KeyWord=Nutritional%20Therapy&rptindex=1&isSorted=0&img=img&sortname=null&count=0&PageSize=20

It was Thames Valley University then, but now its called the University of West London. Its a BSc course, but you can opt for the diploma. I found it really interesting, but I haven't really used it yet. I plan to though - when I'm finished what I'm studying now!

Its distance learning but mostly at your own pace. You have assignment deadlines, but you can defer modules. You are given a tutor, a forum for contact with other students, a blackboard for e-learning and you are posted out the course material. Its expensive too though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement