Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Repeats

Options
  • 22-09-2010 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

HI,

Posted this in the Leaving Cert Forum but didnt get any response. Would really appreciate any help you can give.

Just wondering does anyone have a list of the colleges in the UK that dont accept Irish leaving cert repeats?

Cant find a list and really dont fancy e mailing all of them. ha

Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 UndertheBridge

Depends on what you want to study. I looked into studying medicine in the UK and if I wanted to I would have had to repeat maths in the LC. Found a list on a forum called thestudentroom.co.uk (Which is an excellent forum, mine of info about going to college in UK). Almost all medical schools that I was interested in didn't accept repeat grades, not just for us Irish but also for A Levels too.

But thats just medicine, and the strictness is because is so oversubscribed and super hard to get into.

The best option would be to email all the unis you are interested in, painstaking I know, but its the only way you'll find out the proper info!

Advertisement